Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2005, 07:37 AM

Default Re: Does anyone know what is going on with PokerRoom??

Hi Rod,

I have a question about the software update. I've noticed that now in the downloadable client, at the bottom where it says "Real Money Account: $XXX", it has stopped displaying change. By change I mean cents, as in $708.15, or something like that. Now when I am keeping records, I like to use this number to get an exact pace on where I am. By adding winnings to total balance, I can calculate my new total balance, blah blah blah. This is just a minor thing really, but I would like it if you brought back the cents.

I'm not sure if it would be this simple, but couldn't PokerRoom simply buy more servers? I know you only have Poker 4 right now, is that just one server? Surely there could be a way to divide the players evenly across servers.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:32 AM

what do you mean some turbulence just from this update? it happens everytime you do an update and is an ongoing problem with the tournament server. you guys make plenty of money you should just buy new servers so this problem wont happen constantly. also why is it that you can answer problems here quicker than when someone sends you an email?
Old 02-18-2005, 09:00 AM

Thanks for the update... seems like a few other posters seem to forget that even the almighty Party went through their share of growing pains... so do you think there will be a nice bonus offered once things get all worked out [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ?

Also, I think you should really start accepting the "Player Points" for items in your shop. I wouldnt spend $10 cash on a Tshirt or beanie, but would def throw down some points on one... I think you would like to keep up with Full Tilt, UB, Stars, Party etc on this one...
Old 02-18-2005, 09:02 AM

Bytestream, as a reader and former poster of Pokah! (PokerRoom.com's own player's forum) I can tell you that a Player Points system is in the works and will be released very soon in the future. The same is true about private Sit 'n Gos. Rod can tell you himself how anxious and persistant the Pokah members are about these two features. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-18-2005, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi all,

Sadly, we are in fact currently having some technical difficulties here at PokerRoom.com. We recently released an update of the PokerRoom.com software and combined with a drastic increase in traffic on the site we've hit some turbulence.

We are working day and night to fix it, and we will have things up and running in an orderly fashion again.
The current situation is not acceptable and not tolerated and when things have settled again I'm going to have a lot of sleep to catch up on..
Oh well, sleep's overrated anyway.

If you have any questions or inquires, please don't hesitate to post them here and I will try to answer them as soon as possible.

I will also update you guys on our progress.

Sincerely,

Rod -
PokerRoom.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure hope you get this fixed soon... as in the mean time, it's costing me money! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] In another thread recently, I responded to a post about this same topic and noted how I had just sat at 2 tables, posted, and then the server "crashed" / "froze". About a week or so ago, had pocket K's, 3-bet preflop, and then same thing happened. I believe I responded to one of your posts in another thread about this same hand, as PR will state that I have all-in protection when I sit at the table, yet I don't (and didn't) seem to have it. I'd say I've probably lost around $20 just in posting and having the tables freeze (I 4 table a combination of 2/4 and 3/6 at PR, so the $20 is probably even conservative). Throw in the hands I believe I had better than average chances of winning and PR has cost me a fair amount of money. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

It's really ashame too, as I've pointed out in a number of other threads that I actually like playing at PR (until recently) and have noted several times that I really liked the new graphics. So, while I've been telling other newer players that PR is a good site, graphics have improved tremendously, and that the bonus are worth the time, my reward (not that I was looking or asking for anything) has been numerous problems at PR that have cost me a fair amount of money.

After having these problems again last night, I decided my only solution is to stop playing at PR until I hear from the 2+2 community that things have been fixed. Unfortunately, my bankroll isn't as great as other players here, so I can't afford the price to play with PR's servers issues. It basically wipes out the bonus.
Old 02-18-2005, 10:50 AM

Rod,

I don't need a reply but I would like to address a serious issue instead of worrying about my account balance after the decimal place and insulting you.

I have, and I am sure many others do as well, a couple bonuses stacked in a queue that I am trying to clear. The bonuses have expiration dates. It has now been three days since I have been able to sucessfully play a significant number of hands to help clear my bonuses. A day or two is no big deal but this it is now arriving at an inconvience. I feel our bonus expiration dates should be extended or we should in some way be compensated for the lack of service that has occurred and may continue to occur.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Good luck and keep working on the site.
Old 02-18-2005, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't need a reply but I would like to address a serious issue instead of worrying about my account balance after the decimal place and insulting you.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I was just saying. If PokerRoom cares about their customers so much then why shouldn't the minor concerns be brought to their attention as well as the big concerns.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:41 PM

I sent an e-mail yesterday on this exact issue. No response yet, but it's been less than 24 hours. I will follow up here when (if?) I get a response.

By the way, where is the PokerRoom phone number posted on the site? Can anyone here post it?
Old 02-18-2005, 12:43 PM

1-800-MY-POKER
Old 02-18-2005, 12:52 PM

its 1-888-my-poker