Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 07:03 PM

Default glitch in 1.51 version of poker academy pro (limit short handed)

Poker Academy Pro #1768 [Limit Short-Handed]
Sep 20, 2005 7:01:32 PM

1) BISCO * $25925 8d 4c
3) Crusoe $4350 3d 8s
5) Jagger $100 Kh 2h
7) Sanja $15725 8h Qd
9) Saxum $3900 Qs 6d

Crusoe posts $250 small blind
Jagger posts $100 big blind (all-in)
Sanja folds
Saxum folds
BISCO folds
Crusoe folds

Jagger wins $200 uncontested.

note - even though it isnt mentioned in the HH, the BB was $500 and he obviously couldnt cover it.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:32 PM

Default Re: glitch in 1.51 version of poker academy pro (limit short handed)

maybe learn to play real poker?
Old 09-23-2005, 12:25 AM

Why are you posting this here? You should be posting this to the Poker Academy forums or e-mailing Poker Academy support. Posting a bug report here is awfully counter-productive. For what it's worth, that glitch is fixed in 2.0, which is well worth the small upgrade fee.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Posting a bug report here is awfully counter-productive.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is it counter productive when this is the most widely read poker forum in the world? Its only counter productive to you because you a related to the company that produces the software and therefore makes your product look bad, it is not counter productive to anyone else.

I would agree however that it would be faster if he posted the problem on your company's website. Its amazing how a few well chosen words can change a post's true intention, or make the poster's intentions come across incorrectly.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2005, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Posting a bug report here is awfully counter-productive.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is it counter productive when this is the most widely read poker forum in the world? Its only counter productive to you because you a related to the company that produces the software and therefore makes your product look bad, it is not counter productive to anyone else.

I would agree however that it would be faster if he posted the problem on your company's website. Its amazing how a few well chosen words can change a post's true intention, or make the poster's intentions come across incorrectly.

[/ QUOTE ]

ouch....

...but deserved.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:36 PM

Damned right it makes us look bad, and undeservedly so. You'd be hard pressed to find a software company with better customer and product support than Poker Academy.

So it does irk me when people post about issues, and never bother to actually contact the company about it so they can do something to resolve it.

It is counter-productive posting a bug report here because we're not all that likely to notice it. It is +EV to let a company know about a potential defect, and let them have a chance to fix it rather than posting here which really only seems to serve the purpose of damaging our reputation.

I'm not meaning to come across like a jerk or anything; I've spent the last several years fanatically pouring all my energy into making Poker Academy the best poker software in the world. I can't help but get a little emotional about it sometimes :-P

Cheers,
Aaron
Old 09-23-2005, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You'd be hard pressed to find a software company with better customer and product support than Poker Academy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never found one better, and I don't think it's possible to be better than Poker Academy.

It seems odd that the OP found time to post about a glitch in a 3rd party forum but could not find time to keep his version current and use the wonderful support that Poker Academy provides to all its users.
Old 09-23-2005, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not meaning to come across like a jerk or anything;

[/ QUOTE ]

Too late, you did. Learn something about customer service, your response to the OP was out of line. For the record I own your application and I find it to be remarkably good for what it does, but that doesn't give you the right to dictate where people can express their frustrations or problems with it.

My recommendation, if you don't like it when a poster choses (as is his or her own right) to discuss your application, then don't respond next time.

PS: On a related note, forcing a user to a PAID upgrade to 2.0 to fix a bug in your programming? Don't you think that is at a minimum your company's obligation to fix at no charge for registered users?
Old 09-23-2005, 05:17 PM

Read my original post. I don't think I was out of line. I didn't say anything mean -- I simply asked why he was posting that here rather than telling the developers directly. Then I pointed out that it was a suboptimal thing to do. I didn't 'dictate' anything.

Finally, we're not forcing anyone to upgrade to 2.0. I merely pointed out that the latest version is worth upgrading to. We will still be releasing occasional support patches for 1.5.
Old 09-23-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
we're not forcing anyone to upgrade to 2.0. I merely pointed out that the latest version is worth upgrading to. We will still be releasing occasional support patches for 1.5.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want the bug that the OP discussed, you must pay for the upgrade to 2.0 according to your earlier post. If you are going to release a patch for the bug for those who don't wish to upgrade to 2.0 then you should say so.