Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2005, 11:47 PM

Default Flopping a flush draw from the blind!!

Typical mid-limit game: 15/30 or 20/40

Here is a situation that I run into a lot and don't feel clean playing the hand either way. Here is the situation I tend to run into:

Typical game is going on and let's say you have a raised pot and one CC after the raise and a limper in front of the raiser. You look down in the BB and see a hand like 8-9s or Q-9s for instance. You are certainly going to call here.

The flop comes and you flop a flush draw with one over card for instance along with maybe a possible running st8 draw. You check to the raiser who bets on cue and now the CC raises...

You know that the raiser can easily be raising light here trying to isolate the raiser. You know you are going to continue in the pot the question is how to proceed. I hate just calling 2 cold here b/c it certainly reveals my hand too much, but I also am not a fan of 3 betting here as well.

I generally try to mix my play up and CC some and also 3 bet some as well, depending on how I feel about the relative strength of the raiser and how well I feel he plays post-flop. I am curious what everyone thinks is the optimal ratio or how to play this pot.

To me CC'ing doesnt' feel good, but also 3 betting is not always the correct play as well. Let me know what everybody thinks!