Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-25-2005, 08:07 PM

Default Do ethics apply here?

Ok the game is Pot Limit Omaha High Low, but for this hand the high low part doesnt matter.

I have A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in late position.

I raise to 3 times the blind standard raise since there are several limpers. Small stack of about 40 reraises me the pot(10), one of the limpers calls, I call.

Flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Small stack moves in for his last 30, limper thinks and thinks and types, "I got a pretty good hand...".

I know at this point he probably has a set, he obviously doesnt have the nuts, but I know I do.

I know if I type something like "call", or "I am going to fold" he will call the all in by the small stack.

I thought about what Mike Caro once wrote that if someone is about to fold you should do anything you can to get a call, but then I thought, "Yeah, but its wrong to just flat out lie to the guy to get him to commit cash to the hand."

Anyway I said nothing at all.

Was it wrong to keep quiet, should I have lied to get a few extra bucks?

Do ethics ever apply in poker?