Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-12-2005, 04:02 AM

Default I have decided to throw up on OOT(long psychobabble)

So Ive been thinking a lot about religion lately.first, I need to tell you about my conversation with my mom and my dad and why I have a subconcious desire to beat my dad in the game of life. my views on religion have changed over time. Of course at the age of 8 (and before) I completely believed in the christian god and jesus.Although when i was two im not sure i knew who jesus was.Then i started questioning things and I became an athiest, as all questioning people do at one point or another. To compensate for my lack of friends in middle school, I became a stoner and made a number of interesting and odd stoner friends, and some that were not so interesting.i listened to rap music, put spinners on my ford(sad but true), and made it my personal goal to kill anyone who got in my way and to f hoes.Then one day around the age of 16, i realized that i was not black and became a part of the other stoner crowd, the artsy, emo kids. I threw out dr. dre and bought taking back sunday, thrice, and dashboard confessional CD's.I became a true believer in buddhism. buddhism did not contain blatent contradictions like the bible and meditation and zen were cool, not that meditation still isnt cool. Then i realized that the leaders of buddhism have many faults as well and that ALL religion is BS led by Bsers and lambs. Then i became a devout christian.For a little while.... The point is I have never really been religious or believed in any one religion. I fell into the category of people who believe in a mixture of religions. I believe in evolution. I believed Jesus was the son of god. I believed in karma and deep visualization.

So anyway last night I had a conversation with my folks.My mom is a nut. My dad is very sane and is a genius.This is true by the way, he is quite a respected scientist, although now he is becoming more a businessman.I believe my sister, who is an all A student and very active got her genes from Dad and I got my genes from mom.Anyway, I asked my mom about noah's ark and got a response that was nutty. she said that she didnt know whether it happened or not, but it probably did. When I gave her my thoughts about how there is no logical signs that a worldwide flood occurred, it is impossible to load all the earth's specieson a 400 ft wooden boat, etc.she said that there are many dimensions and it was probably true in a different dimension. then she changed the subject. since the bird flu was on Tv, she(shes a vegetarian) explained to me how it was gods way of punishing meat eaters...so like I said, a total nut. So my dad came downstairs and I had to ask him to say some things about Noah's ark, since my mom was driving me crazy with her parrallel universe, vengeful chicken theories and my dad would give a rational opinion. but my dad talked down to me. He goes on lots of trips and I realize that i am his crazy son he sees often. he talked down to me because he would not answer and would prefer I beleive in Christianity because he probably thinks I would be less destructive that way. He avoided the question. After prodding, he said i certainly wish noah hadnt brought two misquitoes.but i persisted. So he told me that he thought i was missing the point of religion and that I was bieng arrogant in thinking I knew judeo-christian philosophy. But i can tell the real answer is NO. Which is why i have a subconcious need to beat my dad, so he will stop talking down to me. I must be more successful than him...I have to post my religious thoughts here because, as you can see my parents are no fun to talk about religion with, my extended family is all strict fundamentalist chrstian, andmy girfriend is a cute asian girl who considers religion a non issue.Dont worry the rambling continues and the grammer gets worse.....
Old 12-12-2005, 04:09 AM

Default Re: I have decided to throw up on OOT(long psychobabble)

welcome back spaceman
Old 12-12-2005, 04:10 AM

Man, your mom must be really hot.

Why not post this here.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:12 AM

welcome back spaceman Bryce!
Merry Xmas,
Boris.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:13 AM

post pic of your gf or STFU
Old 12-12-2005, 04:13 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2005, 04:17 AM

just what i was thinking. Would easily go from * to
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] with cute asian gf pic
Old 12-12-2005, 04:18 AM

I saw 8 posts and a huge block of text and almost slammed of a tl;dr. What a disrespectful jackass I would have been, not looking at the username. good post.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:25 AM

Continuing on, I need to talk about a man. some would say the man. Duane Gish. who is Duane Gish?He is the debater of creationism who represents the creationist viewpoint.Out of all the people in the creationist army, he is their best debater. He has debated about 500 times against evolutionist and usually comes out the winner.he has a PHd in biochemistry for Cal-berkely(thats legit). there are articles written on how to debate him..although hes is not as sexy as that article would lead you to believe.the main thing I think about this guy is.....does he actually believe in creationism or is he a genius who found a niche market? I think it would be fun to debate the merits of Christianity in front of bible thumpers as a job so he's on to something. And that brings us to kansas, my home state, the heartland, the creationist fundamentalist.I took one point away from the debate i saw recently.It is that a true christian does not believe in evolution, which is why i am no longer a christian. I believe science is eating away at the assumptions of christianity. but i do believe in a god, and i do believe in heaven and hell, but only in abstact forms which are not the cloud and angels/devils with fire christianity view.
now, Kansas is full of duanes, folksy debaters who want to burn evolution for various reasons. also, chrstians in kansas is avery powerful influence in teen culture unlike....the other 49 states. teen christianity means that you listen to tooth and nail record's Cd's(anberlin,underoath,mae) go to youth groups and snowboard and pretned like you don't have sex and dress like you are emo/prep and hope that jesus makes the fashion statement work for you. So yeah, im not sure if anything i posted about kansas belief in creationism made sence but o well.....
Old 12-12-2005, 04:28 AM

my mom is not hot, she is old. and i posted it here because im about to go on a breakdown and thats not philosophy, thats the lack....of thinking rationally...........also when i say cute asian girl, she is not a Hot asain girl and would probably be burned by OOts insultotorium so im not going to put it up......