Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2005, 04:53 AM

Default K3s Flush Draw

No reads yet because I just joined the table and was posting in CO.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $0.5. Hero posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) checks, MP3 calls, Hero (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Preflop should be ok here I think.

Flop: (13.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

I suspect the C/R is wrong here, I was thinking of something to the effect of getting him to slow down or fold later with this but obviously proved disasterous

Turn: (9.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Hit my hand, is my 3 bet ok? With betting capped do you start worrying about a boat? Ace flush?

River: (17.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls $1 (All-In).
Villain ran out of money!

Final Pot: 19.75 BB

Comments greatly appreciated!
Old 01-14-2005, 05:37 AM

Default Re: K3s Flush Draw

Preflop is fine.

I would just bet out on the flop, strong draw with five opponents, you make money on each bet that's going in, clearly most of them didn't have much of a hand.

He obviously has something he like a lot, TT or 88 certainly possible if relatively unlikely, or a flush draw like you if he's very aggressive. The J on the turn increases the boat possibility - I would likely call his raise and then check/call the turn.
Old 01-14-2005, 05:51 AM

Default Re: K3s Flush Draw

I think you played it well - the checkraise on the flop was there to maximise the number of bets going in with a strong draw, its just a shame no one was interested - betting out and then getting raised would have definitely made people think twice about calling. The button could be betting overs or an overpair which you have a strong draw against. Raising when it comes back to you may buy you a free card.

When you hit the flush I bet out and even 3-bet. When capped I would usually check/call the river but this does not matter in this case as he was all-in ( another thing to consider - some people go crazy with their last bit of money.)

I dont understand why you would check call the turn? - Did you mean river???

StuR