Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2005, 01:43 PM

Default Re: got the details on Party\'s WSOP Package (they are a bunch of crook

[ QUOTE ]
I did read the thread.
I did just go to the MGM site and their rate calendar for "basic rates" are "starting at":

July 6th - $560
July 7th - $130
July 8th - $650 (Friday)
July 9th - $210
July 10th - $130
July 11th - $130
July 12th - $130

[/ QUOTE ]

Try punching in the exact dates as if you were going to make a reservation. You'll see you can get a room for $149.95 per night (for each of the nights in question).
Old 05-12-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Re: got the details on Party\'s WSOP Package (they are a bunch of crook

[ QUOTE ]
No. Take a 10 person SnG for $100+$5. One prize. Stated ahead of time. For all to see. 5 day stay at the MGM.

After you win, you complain because the prize "is not worth $1000", because you can get a better rate than $200 a night.

Get real.

[/ QUOTE ]
The issue is not how much the prize is "worth", but how much the cardroom paid for it.

The integrity of the cardroom requires that the entire prize pool be paid out as prizes -- none of it retained by the cardroom.

Your example of the 10-person SNG would be fine if it had been billed simply as a $105 SNG. But if it's billed as "$100+5", then any player who entered it has the right to complain on learning afterward that the cardroom spent less than $1000 on the prize.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:13 PM

Default Re: got the details on Party\'s WSOP Package (they are a bunch of crooks)

I wrote them an email about this demanding a bungalow suite at $200/night or a cash pay out to make my own reservations.

They take out $1800 for 9 nights accomodation - i dont really care what they get me, as long as its worth at least $1800 on the street. I'm sure they can do better when booking 1000 rooms!!

A standard MGM room at $150/night is totally unacceptable, when in reality you have "paid" $200/night for it!! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
I am happy to be going to the wsop, but that doesn't mean you have to be happy about any kind of crap party poker throws at you.

I would encourage all wsop winners at party to write them an email about this issue - if you think you can do better yourselve of course.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:18 PM

Default Re: got the details on Party\'s WSOP Package (they are a bunch of crooks)

You really are getting ripped off.

Just got an e-mail from MGM and for MGM Mirage players club members it is only $59 each night on sun-thurs and only $160 on weekends.

Approx. differnce = minimum $920 / max $1050

Dopey [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 05-13-2005, 09:33 PM

Does that rate apply in the heart of summer?
Old 05-14-2005, 08:56 AM

Below is a link to an image of the e-mail I recieved, great rates May-July 2005

Old 05-14-2005, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Below is a link to an image of the e-mail I recieved, great rates May-July 2005

[/ QUOTE ]

party can do as they wish and I don't think anything you do will change their mind but that's really shady on their part
Old 05-14-2005, 10:43 AM

Default Re: what kind of idiot are you?

You win a WSOP seat plus hotel and some expense money through a satellite for pennies on the dollar and you have the balls to bitch about the details. You should be grateful these sites offer that opportunity. How much money they make from it is none of your concern. They offered a product that you bought.If you dont like the way it is run next time you can pay your own entry fee, hotel, and expenses out of your pocket. That sounds reasonable to me. Hey I won a Buick LeSabre at a par 3 hole in one contest. I think I should have been entitled to a Lincoln because they skimmed enough off the top to pay for one. I think I should get some fancy wheels, a custom color, upgraded sound system, and english leather interior because the sign at the pro shop said "fully loaded". You get the point?
Old 05-14-2005, 10:49 AM

What a stupid post. They didn't give him anything, they setup the game that allowed him and other people to wager against each other to win something that is supposed to be the sum of their wagers minus the rake. If that's not the case, then he's been defrauded, period.

[ QUOTE ]
You should be grateful these sites offer that opportunity. How much money they make from it is none of your concern.

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you serious about this or are you trolling?
Old 05-14-2005, 11:46 AM

I am dead serious. This guy paid peanuts to enter a tourny to have a chance at winning a prize package that included a "luxury hotel" room. He wins and doesnt like the hotel and can find a cheaper hotel and thinks he is entitled to money back.He also states that he thinks the poker site is skimming money from the room rates. Understand that "luxury hotel" is subjective.If my uncle won this package (he is not a poker player) anything less than $1500.00/night is a dump.So using the posters logic my uncle would be entitled to an extra $1300.00/night cash because his standard of living is higher than the average person. If he didnt like what they were offering he could have just paid for everything out of pocket. Nothing I hate worse than a sore winner