Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2004, 07:21 PM

Default Re: Assheads who berate the fish

Cool... I've just added it to my custom dictionary in Word. Much obliged. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2004, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

YOU: So tell me, "hammerhead", do you have a job?

<font color="blue"> HAMMERHEAD: (usually) Yeah, why? </font>

YOU: I was wondering if you ever call your boss a moron for paying you. The way "fish" paid you for the last half hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that also berating the fish?
Old 10-30-2004, 08:48 PM

Well, "hammerhead" could be a so-so player, or a typical "fish" too, as you point out. But he could also be one of the better players at the table.

But if "so-so player" says mean things to "player-for-whom-I-will-not-leave-this-table-until-they-do-even-if-it-means-missing-work-seven-hours-from-now", and they leave because of what was said, that is not a good thing.
Old 10-30-2004, 09:02 PM

I was at a table a few days ago with a total maniac. In the course of about 20 hands I saw him move his stack from $20 to $250, but he then proceeded to lose it all over the course of the next hour or so. The entire time, he was getting abused by people at my table for his rediculous play, even as he handed back their money to them.

Eventually, after he went bust, he got so pissed that he bought back in for more money. Do you ever experience that taunting the poor players will cause them to throw more of their money away?

Ajax
Old 10-30-2004, 09:53 PM

That interesting I constantly see people berate player for cold calling bad cards. If the fish is intelligent he will probably leave the table and start reading books. Then you have scared him out. On the other hand I have seen fish stay in oblivious as to what the berated player is saying. The berater is then letting all the other average and good players now about this guy and they start paying more attention. Not a good idea
Old 10-31-2004, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't that also berating the fish?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. But the Table Coach is cannabilistic. Not berating the table coach is penny-wise but pound-foolish.

And I usually use "asshat" instead of "asshead."
Old 10-31-2004, 01:44 AM

I agree. I don't want the table coach wising up other players as to what the fish plays like. Ideally, I want them all to be ignorant enough that the fish wins the max amount of money off them, which they then loses to me.

The last thing I want is every player at the table gunning for the fish just like I am. I don't want to share him so the table coach's idea of justice can be done, I want to keep him for myself. After he's won as much of everyone else's money as possible.
Old 10-31-2004, 01:56 AM

YOU: So tell me, "hammerhead", do you have a job?

HAMMERHEAD: (usually) Yeah, why?

YOU: I was wondering if you ever call your boss a moron for paying you. The way "fish" paid you for the last half hour.

This is lamer than George Costanza's "Well the JERK store called, and there all out of YOU!"
Old 10-31-2004, 02:27 AM

Sometimes I try to poke at the table coach a bit, to either shut him up, or piss him off so he'll be a dick to me and not berate the true fish at the table (or should I say, the other fish [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]).

Problem is, table coaches think they are the smartest of the bunch, AND foolishly think that they will win more if the other players play better. I really don't want to change that belief either.
Old 10-31-2004, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Eventually, after he went bust, he got so pissed that he bought back in for more money. Do you ever experience that taunting the poor players will cause them to throw more of their money away?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this with maniacs sometimes. "You're just not man enough to buy in again!"

Works like a charm.

For calling stations you pretty much use the opposite line, but I've not been able to boil it down to one neat sentence. "It's turning around, you were really looking like you'd make it all back until that last bad beat. Who'd have thought that the preflop raiser had pocket rockets to beat your 72o?" ok, the last sentence usually isn't included...