Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 03:56 PM

Default HE vs Omaha Hi winrate comparisons?

I've been a successful micro limit HE player on Party, winning at about 5.5BB/100 over my first 10K hands at .5/1. Have moved up to 2/4 recently, and things are going fine there...

Recently, I've joined a friend at the Omaha High .5/1 table on a few occasions, and... it seemed incredibly fishy. almost everyone at the table was playing 70%+ of hands, no PFR (other than me), and seemingly terrible post flop play.

Anyone out here have significant number of hands at low limit Omaha Hi? What's your delta between Omaha Hi and HE win rates?

Side note... I'm not a pro or semi-pro... do this for fun and learning. As such, I only single-table, and do use PT and PAHud. Also, any thoughts on the value of PT Omaha for Omaha Hi play?

Thanks for any thoughts.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:07 PM

Default Re: HE vs Omaha Hi winrate comparisons?

I've never played Omaha Hi limit. But I've played a fair amount of Omaha/8 limit, as well as pot-limit Omaha.

PLO compared to PLHE is a better win rate per hand, but about the same per hour for me. O/8 comes out a wee bit ahead of LHE for me per hour, and a fair bit ahead per hand.

Only my PLO vs PLHE comparison has a 95% chance of being correct. Played too few hands O/8 to be sure, but it seems reasonable that you can keep up a higher winrate as well as a lower variance compared to HE.

Unfortunately the table selection is limited at pretty low limits, and is non-existent at higher limits. Which is what keeps me from switching. I do mix games though.

Although there is nothing decent published on it, PLO/8 is an amazing game against weak opponents. Most fish probably stand a better chance against Doyle in NLHE than they do against me in PLO/8. The game is just sickly in favor of the better player.