Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2004, 03:38 PM

Default College Poker Championships

Hey, i was wondering if anyone else was playing in the College Poker Championships. Today at 4:00 will be my first time trying it out. If anyone else is playing in it, leave a message if you want.
Old 10-24-2004, 04:56 PM

Default Re: College Poker Championships

im WAS in it with a 5000 chip stack after a bad beat knocked me down to 80 chips on the third hand. but then the chipleader at the table decided he better push with QJo against my aces. and then the 667 flop decided that they better dish out the old running jacks. that tournament is so [censored] lame, jesus christ. its just bad players doing stupid thing after stupid thing, making for tons of bad beats, making for a really unsatifying freeroll with crappy prizes.

rj
Old 10-24-2004, 05:27 PM

I qualified for the next level and won a whopping $2.00 (oooooooh). It was pretty lame, and had I not qualified the first time I tried, I wouldn't have tried it again.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:39 PM

Thread Hijack!

Which is the best freeroll (oxymoron?) in your opinion?

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Walt
Old 10-24-2004, 09:43 PM

It may have crappy prizes, but its a decent freeroll with a good change of pace from the normal games on Party and such, at least for me. Those bad beats will happen in ANY freeroll - you just gotta get your money in and know there's always next week...no use worrying THAT much if you don't like the freeroll anyways.

I made the Finals last year, and made the semis on my first shot this time around.

-Edge
Old 10-24-2004, 09:44 PM

It took me one attempt of playing this tournament and subsequently getting kicked off at least 10 times in the first half hour to figure out that this tournament was not worth my time. RV has some of the worst software of any online poker site, and I will never play there again.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:39 PM

It might take a few tries, but it is not too hard to make the top 10%. Just treat this like other freerolls, play tight early, steal blinds late only if you can cover the people that act after you because the people that play are quite loose. I've noticed big stacks will call raises with any two so be careful.