Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 04:46 AM

Default Royal LHE on Ub

Any of you guys played the Royal version of LHE? I have been playing the play money version for now till I get a better strategy of the game before playing for real. It's not very popular in real money yet and can only be short handed play for obvious reasons. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Old 11-04-2005, 05:21 AM

Default Re: Royal LHE on Ub

[ QUOTE ]
Any of you guys played the Royal version of LHE? I have been playing the play money version for now till I get a better strategy of the game before playing for real. It's not very popular in real money yet and can only be short handed play for obvious reasons. Any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I figure new games are always better for smart players, so like TD at UB, these should be massively profitable in BB/100 even if they may have trouble spreading medium limits.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:58 AM

I'm assuming this is the game played with a stripped deck. I'm almost positive someone already did the odds for a lot of common situtions, but I can't find the post (Gritter or Fnord maybe?).

If I remember right, straights and flushes are the hands you want to avoid. Two pair and trips fill up a ridiculious amount of the time.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:04 AM

Are they actually spreading it for real money now? Dear god, they are.

I think most of us played it when they were only spreading it NL, but the strategy has to be about the same: anything less than an overfull is crap. It's always nice to have top set early, especially against people who don't realize their nut straights are drawing dead.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:18 AM

I agree that this game should be hugely profitable.

For the average fish coming over from Texas, EVERY starting hand looks playable. They will also tend to underestimate the hand strength needed to win each pot.

I don't think it can be wrong to stick to AA and KK, adding AK when you think you can get in cheaply. Be very conservative postflop without a set or top two pair.

Remember to consider your overall equity, not just where you are at the moment. With so few cards in the deck, each street can make a massive difference in your standing.

Never fold a set of aces, and please don't play in my games.

I'll add more comments as I play this game more often.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:19 AM

If you feel qualified to estimate, how many BB/hour could a good player beat NL Royal HE for?

Edit: I just noticed they aren't spreading real money NL. Make it a theoretical question then.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you feel qualified to estimate, how many BB/hour could a good player beat NL Royal HE for?

[/ QUOTE ]

Once it went over 100, I stopped counting. Every time you flop a set and somebody else flops a straight, you get all their chips.

Eventually there would have to be some level of wising up to the game, but even then I think it would be substantially better than regular NL.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:30 AM

Old Thread
Old 11-04-2005, 02:08 PM

Yeah the deck is only made up of A,K,Q,J and T's or 20 cards hence the 6 max play. Flushes are only going to be Royal Flushes so suited cards are not worth much since it's still hard to get a Royal.

Flopping a straight is almost always a sucker bet. When a straight hits the board is the only time your good but so is everyone else. AA, KK and even QQ is pretty good pre flop if you hit trips since you will have a good chance of filling up by the river. Top 2 pair isn't bad but harder to fill up. Depending on the situation really anything less than a straight on the board is bad. Going to do some figuring with Poker Stove on this. Would like to get a starting hand chart, odds, implied odds, betting strategy, etc.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:49 PM

I tried this game today for the first time on UB. I was too chicken to invest too much money, so I played .02/.04. I played for about 15-20 minutes and ended up around $2, so about 50 big bets. I believe this game can be highly profitable. So many people refusing to believe their two pair are beat along with people calling with the bad end of a boat. Personally, i did not raise one time preflop, even with AA. The games are of course very wild. It will be interesting to see if this game can become popular enough to spread to the 2/4, 3/6 and higher limits.