Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 11-06-2005, 12:55 AM

Default Re: I hate my life

That's not entirely true. The other table seemd to have agreed to stop playing, they were just trading blinds so the next out was going to come from our table. The 1 guy pushed around 100 hands in a row, and the short stack had doubled up leaving you low again. you were going to have to play a hand.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:58 AM

thanks david. I will see you in the Bahamas.
Yeah, that other table sucked, we had the maniac of all maniacs on ours. I was hoping that the shortie would lose his all in. But atleast i would have had a shot...sigh... lesson learned i guess
Old 11-06-2005, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's not entirely true. The other table seemd to have agreed to stop playing, they were just trading blinds so the next out was going to come from our table. The 1 guy pushed around 100 hands in a row, and the short stack had doubled up leaving you low again. you were going to have to play a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was it actually agreed on by that table, or was it just extremely tight play? If there was any talking at all about it that would seem to be collusion correct?
Old 11-06-2005, 01:58 AM

In my experience, chat is disabled during the final tables of satelites on stars.

Thats a horrible story, btw.
Old 11-06-2005, 01:58 AM

I don't know but two of the players were sitting out at the other table and it really was quite annoying. I ended up going out in 11th after the shorties doubled up and left me in 11th out of 11. The short stack at the other table was GETTING WALKS IN HIS BLIND and not challeneged at all. David, some other guy, and myself were all close but once they both doubled up(David took A6 vs his K7 amd other shorty took KK against his 57o) I had to find a hand to make a stand with. The maniac, move in 100 straight times guy, was 2 to my left and I picked up TT on his BB. I push on the button with TT and he callls with any 2, only problem is any 2 happened to be QQ here. GG!

Sorry for the low content bad beat story. Congrats David. I'll see you there.
Old 11-06-2005, 01:59 AM

Yeah, no chat, no blantant collusion but maybe some implicit. Just a real crappy scenario for those of us on the other table. Oh well, suck it up, move on.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:13 AM

for what its worth. I usually play on hi-speed comcast cable modem. every once in awhile it goes out because they are doing "system maintenance", this happens about once a month without any warning. Usually its only out for a few hours. For this reason I pay 21 bucks a month just to have dial-up AOL on stand by. I barely use the AOL, but its a great insurance measure. Just the other night, as im on the bubble of two $55 sngs, my Comcast went out, I frantically tried to reboot the cable modem, but to no avail, so then I just plugged in the dial-up, and I was up and running. I ended up with a 1st and a 3rd place finish in those sngs. This one time more than pays for the AOL for the whole year. I guess what im trying to say is that if you are a serious poker player, having back up method is very important.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:30 AM

If you were 9th out of 10, what were the stacks like that you could fold QQ? I assume you knew the original poster was disconnected?
Old 11-06-2005, 02:47 AM

I had made a stand with A6 of all things and doubled up. Brandon went out next with TT vs QQ, so when I folded QQ (and AK 2 hands later) there were 3 stacks smaller than me at the table. Not only that, all of them if they doubled once would still be smaller than me. I didn't know he had disconnected, i thought he was sitting out because with 2 stacks smaller than him he was sending a message that they had to make a move first, but when he became the short stack i finally figured out he had disconnected.