Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2005, 02:42 PM

Default Re: My failure as a poker pro (very long)

[ QUOTE ]
It's not comparable.
You CAN play low stakes, without danger. With alcohol, it's impossible. Furthermore, poker can be constructive whereas alcohol cannot. If he plays to gamble, then no. If he plays to get better, for the like of poker, then I don't see why it should be absolutely off terrain.

You're just blurting out the typical line.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are SO wrong. Take it from an alcoholic/drug addict. It is exactly the same thing. Addiction is addiction. Granted, your statement that poker can be constructive where alcohol can't is true. But the comparability is certainly there. What strikes me most is the spending and delusions of greatness. These are typical actions and emotions of an addict.

If he is an addict he will always be. And the person who said that it's like telling an alcoholic to have a beer or two is absolutely right. He shouldn't even play .01/.02 stakes.

If I say clean and sober for 11 more days I will have 10 years clean and sober. But if I have 1 beer or shot or glass of wine tomorrow it's all over. I'll be right back where I started in a matter of days.

Sorry about my personal bullshit, but I just had to say that. Also my other post is just a joke and I do sympathize with the OP.