Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2004, 12:30 PM

Default Weird PokerStars Stuff

Okay, it's possible I'm just being stupid and tell me if I am. I'm not one of those people that think anything is rigged or whatever. I've been keeping pokertracker stats for my last 106 SnGs and I've been two-tabling for most of the time, so I've been able to pay pretty close attention to both games. Here are my two weird things:

When I get dealt to at the same time or about the same time in both of my SnGs, the cards are always either the same (except for suits) or are very close to each other. I almost never seem to get, ya know, 27o at the same time as say QQ. I know their shuffling mechanism uses input from my mouse... but this just doesn't seem very random. Anyone else notice this?

Other thing... and yeah this could all be meaningless, but the pocket pair that I've gotten most often is 22 and the pocket pair I've gotten least often is AA. Next least often is QQ then KK. The frequency of most of my pocket pairs is very tightly clustered (around 36 times actually). I got 22 41 times. AA, KK, and QQ came only 25, 27, and 27 times respectively, so not only are they the least frequent, but they are far less frequent than any of the other pocket pairs.

Just weird stuff that seems outside of what the expected distribution would be. Am I crazy for thinking this is unusual or do I just not have enough data?