Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 08:30 PM

Default Re: I fold JJ pf

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I ran into a similar situation in my home tourney last month. First hand so we're all tied at 1500. UTG (who limps all his hands, including monsters) limps, 1 fold, next guy raises the minimum, 1 call, I call on the button with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], bb calls, 650 in pot at this point and UTG limp re-raises to 300 and right there I knew his hand. I was 100% sure it was AA or KK. The original raiser calls, next guy calls, 1500 in pot now and I'm faced with 300 more. so I call and BB calls.

2100 in pot for the flop. I know tourneys are supposed to be tighter, but isn't this a huge implied odds situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, in NL I muck that super quick if I have a raise and a reraise in front of me

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it was a raise and a call and a limp-re-raise and a call. Anyway, I flop a set and more than triple up on the first hand. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2005, 08:37 PM

I really don't understand people saying they will play JJ or TT here for set potential, but not 77. If you hit a 7 on the flop and you're against two overpairs, they collectively only have an 8% chance to beat you.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Very standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread should have ended here.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[...] I'm not comfortable with the 40 bets number. In the first place, it's only 34, since you're about 8.5:1 to hit your set on the flop, right? Second, that only applies if you're folding to any number of bets on the flop if you don't hit your set.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't win everytime you flop a set.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Very standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
preflop threads find their way to great lengths here.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop debates can be extremely interesting. That's impossible here though.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop debates can be extremely interesting. That's impossible here though.

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree. i guess i should have thrown "for no reason" into my post somewhere.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

man we had sfer in the micros the other day, now jasont. I hope you guys continue to pop up from time to time and help out the microers. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2005, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[...] I'm not comfortable with the 40 bets number. In the first place, it's only 34, since you're about 8.5:1 to hit your set on the flop, right? Second, that only applies if you're folding to any number of bets on the flop if you don't hit your set.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't win everytime you flop a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

And do you lose every time you miss?

Am i the only person here that thinks you have a good chance of taking this down UI? Please? Any backup whatsoever?

(Note: I dont play 10-handed, but I would NEVER fold JJ/QQ on the button preflop regardless of the action before me. Shorthanded I see so often the first guy raises something decent, say 88, the second guy has AQ so pushes back, then a TJs goes, its gonna be capped anyway and my implied odds are huge, why not?)
Old 10-07-2005, 09:48 AM

I have folded JJ preflop in a limit cash game exactly once, and it was a similar situation to this one. I agree with everything istewart said; I just don't see people getting retarded-aggressive pf that often, at least not enough that I would call with JJ (QQ I might call at these limits without reliable reads).

I didn't make a thread about it when I did it because I'm guessing there's a good chance I'll never have to make that particular decision again.

Anyone who thinks you can call this for just set value, needs to do the math. If you don't think your hand could be already good here the pot is like half of what it needs to be, and I don't think you're making up the other half postflop, especially when you factor in the possibility that your set loses.