Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 09:53 PM

Default Re: AKo vs unknown

[ QUOTE ]
Why do 90% of hand posts these days say, "No reads. Just sat down?" Maybe people are misplaying hands when they have reads but don't think they are. I want to see more read-based play. Default plays have limited utility.

In this hand, I call down. Smells like two ragged pair or A-high bluff on flop just made his pair. I wouldn't expect a flush draw here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is my pet peeve.

I call down.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:24 AM

Default results

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.33 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero......... called him down, which IMO is a mistake. he sees the ace. the ace does not scare him. in fact, he LIKES it, and even said so by raising the turn. the river was a Q. he had A9o. I can see calling the turn here looking for a counterfeit, but calling this river is flat retarded. i suck.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:31 AM

Default Re: results

A lot of players will raise here if they raised the flop. Thats why I call down here. Also, there are the reasons other people posted.

To contribute, if you think this guy is aggressive but not maniacal (I'd say that describes most 3/6 6maxers who know to be agressive), you can checkraise the turn and fold to a 3bet.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of players will raise here if they raised the flop. Thats why I call down here. Also, there are the reasons other people posted.

To contribute, if you think this guy is aggressive but not maniacal (I'd say that describes most 3/6 6maxers who know to be agressive), you can checkraise the turn and fold to a 3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem with that is i may have outs against a poopier ace.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:12 AM

I have started to think about hands like this myself and I dont know. If he is a LAG I think you have to call it down because he might do it with a flush draw but against thinking players.. :/ Safe to say I hate these spots.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:00 AM

Call this down. He might well have raised the flop with overcards. And AQ-AT is a more likely coldcalling hand than A9,A5,A2,99,55,22.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:43 PM

i would hypothesize because it's easier to play correctly with reads. hence, people have issues playing before they have them established.

also, people are lazy. bob isn't.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:53 PM

(grunching)

without any stats i am 3betting here. The villian is most likely raising his 9 on the flop or either raising his flush draw (if he is aggressive enough). If he caps it on you, then I check/call the river.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Call this down. He might well have raised the flop with overcards. And AQ-AT is a more likely

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I thought.

Some players COULD raise this mostly-nothing flop with AQ or something...then hits the ace on the turn and is all excited.
Or he could have an AK also.

Bob's AK could still be good here and I think looking for a fold absent any read would be incorrect.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he has 2pair you've a fair ammount of outs.

If he has A+925 then ill pay i guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Woot my reads are improving, Or i'm a luck box.

I dunno if i let myself call the river but AK is so sexy i probably do then say "Knew it" straight after mucking.