Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 03:12 PM

Default Re: *Official* Boat or Better Thread

[ QUOTE ]
And one more...

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $0.75.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls $0.50 (All-In), UTG calls.

I cap this preflop figuring he had KK or AA just because I can get him out of the way since he will be all in... Was that a good idea?

[/ QUOTE ]

preflop cap is standard

[ QUOTE ]

Flop: (14 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Probably should have went for the c/r??? Or was this leading out ok since i did cap preflop i figured it would get checked...

[/ QUOTE ]

You could not c/r here because you were in position. When checked to you a bet is fine. I may have tried a slowplay here, hoping to get a BB out of him witha single heart or something, but a bet is fine.

[ QUOTE ]

Turn: (8 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (10 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Qs Qc (four of a kind, queens).
MP2 has Ah Ac (two pair, aces and queens).
Outcome: Hero wins 11 BB. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

turn and river are good.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you're wondering what that hand looks like from the villian's point of view, here you go -

Ultimate Bet 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

River: (6.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

Results in white below:
Hero has Qd Qc (straight flush, queen high).
SB has 7c 5c (straight flush, jack high).
Outcome: Hero wins 14.50 BB.

SB was most unhappy after that hand. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be raising this flop. If not ahead you have 4 outs to what will probably be the best hand, + 8 more flush outs which will give you the best hand nearly half the time. If he 3-bets, I call down UI, and probably just call down if a flush card comes.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In situations where you flop a big hand (ie boat/flush/straight) How should it be played, generally I will slowplay against few opponents, in this situation I hit a big hand but I didn't want to scare anyone away how did I play it?

no reads

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

I din't bet or c/r here as I thought I would scare everyone away, also I wanted to c/r the turn (I would of bet/c-r if there were more opponents)

Turn: (5 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (11 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero ?

I'm worried I've been slowplayed by a flush, do I call or raise? (then again wouldn't someone with a flush re-raise the turn?)

[/ QUOTE ]

You should come out betting on this flop. As the PFR, people are assuming that you have strength. As a result, they will usually check this through. However, most players with a Q or diamond will call here.The problem with going for a turn c/r is that often he will check with a drawing hand. I think I would have c/r'ed the flop and led the turn. I just call this river raise.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:26 PM

Default Re: 66 in BB

[ QUOTE ]
OK, here's one. I'm playing at Stars and the tables are loosey goosey, as you'll soon see.

I'm in BB with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

1 limp, 2 limp, 3 limp <font color="red"> raise </font>, <font color="red"> 3 bet from hijack </font>, folded to me.

Now the way utg and utg+1 and utg+2 have been playing, I was about 95% sure, if I called, they were calling. I was just as certain that if the action was capped, they were coming along too.

So I called the 2 sb and lo and behold, so did the limpers. MP2 (original raiser) caps, and hijack calls with the rest of us.

All 6 of us see a flop with 24.5 sb in it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Yummy!! But this is where I'm a little lost.

So being oop holding a monster, I check, intending to CR if it's heads up.

4 checks to the original raiser and he bets, <font color="red"> hijack raises </font> so I smooth call the 2 bets, hoping for some overcalls and possibly a 3 bet from MP2. I get one overcall, and <font color="red"> MP2 makes it 3 </font>, hijack calls, and <font color="red"> I go ahead and cap it </font>, all 3 of them call. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Turn anyone? How about a brick for 20.25 BB?

4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to make it:
6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet, UTG+1 calls all in, MP2 calls,

river is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet, MP2 calls and hates me.

I win 24bb pot with boat,
utg+1 has 77 for 2 pair,
and MP2 has AA, another 2 pair

Was my preflop call correct, knowing that this could be a huge multiway pot? I will know on the flop if I'm gonna continue.

[/ QUOTE ]

tubasteve's analysis above was very good.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love you, passive players.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (2 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, CO calls.

River: (5 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
CO has Ah 7h (flush, ace high).
Hero has 3d 3h (full house, threes full of nines).
Outcome: Hero wins 13 BB. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I fold pf. postflop was standard.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I played this quads hand pretty good. Villain was a TAG.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (10.16 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 14.16 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Given your read, I like this play. I might just bet the river, expecting him to be scared and check it through.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:34 PM

Default Re: Why you don\'t need to slowplay quads at 1/2

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, BB calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls.

River: (13.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 22.25 BB

CO:K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for a flush.
BB:A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for 2 pair, Aces and Queens.
Hero: Flopped da nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

calling the flop 3-bet is better i think so you can raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dont think so. We hit such a big piece of the board. Just pop it like its hot and hope someone else hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

BB obviously hit and will almost definitely bet the turn if we call, but will likely check if we cap. CO seems to have no p roblem calling anything.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think its rare to find a guy who will call two big bets on the turn without a better hand than A9o. I think its better to collect on the flop when we are sure that the bets go in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think the EV is close on this one. Here we get an extra BB on the flop + likely 1.5 on the turn if we cap. If we call and raise the turn we will get like 2.5BB on the turn (that means CO calls 1/8 of the time) and 0 extra BB on the flop. so I think it's really close.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Why you don\'t need to slowplay quads at 1/2

didnt you lose an avatar bet or something? why are you still normal looking. i want to see blood damn it.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gettin' dirty at a tight-arse table . . .

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, UTG+2 folds.

River: (11.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

mmmmmmmmmm . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

I suggest you check your table reads. You got a limper and 2 coldcallers. I can't bring myself to raise this after a limper, unless I have a specific read that I will fold everybody else, and that the rest of the table is exceptionally tight. Checking the flop is ok, but I think I would bet it. Most players are peeling with OCs on this flop, but will not call a turn bet. I think it's reasonable to expect CO to bet this turn again. That card was no reason to be worried. river is good.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Paradise Poker $2/$4

Hero is in SB with T6o.
Action is folded to Hero. Hero completes. Villian checks.

Flop
T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Villian checks

Turn: J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

River: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Final Pot: 1 BB.
Results:
<font color="white">Hero has full house, Sixes over tens
Villian has [83o] (a pair of sixes)
(I) Villian say: "nh"
He answers: "yeah, super"</font>
[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

this pf completion is gross. raise or fold. I probably bet the river after the first 2 check-throughs. This slowplay is ok because of small pot + HU.