Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2005, 07:23 PM

Default Re: which Processor for Poker?

I doubt he runs it maxed out. I have a superior computer tha cannot run 1600x1200 with full detail and full distance turned on.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WoW isn't exactly a game that taxes the system. I was running the game just fine on my older Athlon XP 2800+ with a Radeon 8500 Pro.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats what is so amazing about wow. like i said we werent building a high end gaming pc just one for him to play wow on without problems.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:02 AM

My 512ram 1.7g Athlon was decent with running PT and things and having a movie playing in the background, but another big hard drive seems to make it stumble quite a bit. Got a 2500+ cpu coming tomorrow which should rectify the situation. I don't know if the problem was memory or cpu power, but generally the problem is cpu power.

I bought my NF7 motherboard months back, and an oc'ed 2500+ chip should max it out. I don't think a 64-bit board is worth it unless you are playing games. Doom3 played ok on mine.

I'd hate a 19" monitor after having had a 21", soon to add another. Semprons are like lower-class, same-+-rating, older Athlon cpu's, btw. Your main choice will be between maxing out an "older" board with a 2500+ or 2800+ (3200+?) Athlon cpu or going for a 64-bit board. Pentiums have closed the price/performance gap, but I still think they're lagging behind at most points.

This 1600+ chip should be up for sale after tomorrow, btw.