Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 08:23 PM

Default Los Angeles illegal immigrants - crosspost

So, city councilman Bernard Parks has proposed the ordinance that all major home-improvement stores (Home Depot, Lowes etc) be required to build shelters for "day laborers" (better known as illegal alliens) equipped with bathrooms and running water for all day laborers looking for work in the area. And the money for this comes out of the pockets of the stores because Parks belives that "This multimillion-dollar business ignores the fact that these problems are created by the stores."

First, how the hell is this created by the stores when they gather on the street corner infornt of the business. Second i believe this whole idea is just abusurd. CA as a state is being overrun with people as it is, and now we want to make it more comfortable for the people who are living here illegaly to profit in our state?

This suggestion from Parks comes one week after an illegal alien was cut off on Sierra Highway and decided to "road rage" and get infront of the car, then proceed to swerve back and forth into oncoming traffic and hit and killed a paramedic riding a motercycle on his way home from work. The illegal had a long rap sheet, including multiple felony convictions and one deportation, but still had a VALID CA drivers licence.

Comments?
Old 09-13-2005, 08:25 PM

Default Re: Los Angeles illegal immigrants - crosspost

The whole illegal immigrant situation is completely out of control. One of the many dissapoinments, in my book, about Bush, is this issue.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:58 PM

I'm totally with you on the first story. I've heard of this proposal - one city out here actually has this going already (Glendale? Burbank? Arcadia? I can't remember). It's insane to me. The system is broken, and this suggestion is adding fuel to the fire.

But your second story was completely unconnected. There are crappy, criminal, road-raging idiots all over the place. The fact that he was illegal has nothing to do with it. And last I heard, the driver's license for illegal immigrants was not signed into law. So either I'm missing something, your story is wrong, or he had a fake license (like lots of legal people have).

Either way, I'm not going to hate illegal immigrants because of a jackass driver. I don't blame them at all, I blame the system.

-ptmusic
Old 09-14-2005, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
CA as a state is being overrun with people as it is, and now we want to make it more comfortable for the people who are living here illegaly to profit in our state?

Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the same California that wants computer manufacturers to stop using master-slave nomenclayure for hard drives [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2005, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm totally with you on the first story. I've heard of this proposal - one city out here actually has this going already (Glendale? Burbank? Arcadia? I can't remember). It's insane to me. The system is broken, and this suggestion is adding fuel to the fire.

But your second story was completely unconnected. There are crappy, criminal, road-raging idiots all over the place. The fact that he was illegal has nothing to do with it. And last I heard, the driver's license for illegal immigrants was not signed into law. So either I'm missing something, your story is wrong, or he had a fake license (like lots of legal people have).

Either way, I'm not going to hate illegal immigrants because of a jackass driver. I don't blame them at all, I blame the system.

-ptmusic

[/ QUOTE ]

Home Depot... San Fernando Rd in between Glendale and Burbank
Old 09-14-2005, 02:30 PM

This is so out of control.

I don't even know what the solution is anymore. The Hispanic voting block is so strong right now in CA... no one will stand up against these issues.

Liberals win again [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2005, 02:39 PM

"Liberals win again"

Yup, they're winning 'em all these days.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:41 PM

Only in CA... Montana is still pretty safe.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is so out of control.

I don't even know what the solution is anymore. The Hispanic voting block is so strong right now in CA... no one will stand up against these issues.

Liberals win again [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, this is a democracy, majority rules so if you dont like it move to Cuba or something [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2005, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Liberals win again"

Yup, they're winning 'em all these days.

[/ QUOTE ]

P.S. I haven't been here long, but do you ever say anything meaningful... or are you just trying to get you "post count" higher than all the other guru's?