Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 10:05 PM

Default Miller and Franklin and Libby Oh My

The shitstorm coming down this next week is going to define the corruption of this adminstration and the neocon movement.

Judith Miller is out of jail this evening and will be testifying to Fitzgeralds grand jury tomorrow. This after having a phone conversation with I. Lewis Libby confirming that he is waiving and confidentiality.

Next week will bring a guilty plea from Larry Franklin on multiplecharges of providing classified information to an Israeli official and the pro-Israeli lobbying group AIPAC. Larry Franklin worked directly for Paul Wolfowitz and Doug Feith as a top Iran analyst.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:18 PM

Default Re: Miller and Franklin and Libby Oh My

I think it will depend on how much media coverage those events receive. I am pretty sure the vast majority of the American public has never heard of the Franklin-AIPAC situation. The Plame affair has received some attention, but I don't think it has captured the public's imagination.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:20 PM

so what you're saying is I should throw a party?

I think the foundation is already crumbling and the emperor has no clothes - time for it to snowball into the steaming pile of [censored] it has always been -

a corrupt and inept administration - it's like Mr. Magoo driving a racecar - no matter how hard they try to sell it, the man isn't qualified or smart enough to run a country like the United States -

Maybe some backwater place - or someplace without a military that he can kill off - is Luxembourg free?

RB
Old 09-30-2005, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

...Judith Miller is out of jail this evening and will be testifying to Fitzgeralds grand jury tomorrow. This after having a phone conversation with I. Lewis Libby confirming that he is waiving and confidentiality.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ms. Miller didn't need this (alledged) phone conversation. She received, months ago, his written permission. This was pointed out to her by the judge.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2005, 06:07 PM

I was trying to accurately relay the information in the news article. I think most people following the case knew that she had recieved these waivers before, but yet was somehow still refusing to cooperate. It has been speculated today, given her lawyers comments after her testimony today, that she actually was looking for cover in regards to her columns hyping the WMD stories prior to the war.

I find it very gratifying that Franklin plead guilty today to several counts under the Espionage Act, which would of course apply equally in the Plame case. If the CIA can show that any of Ms. Plame's WMD contacts were killed as a result of her identity being revealed, this becomes a potential death penalty case.
Old 10-01-2005, 12:11 PM

Are you implying that Franklin was working on the government's behalf when he transferred the class info to AIPAC?

I don't buy it. He's just a spy that got caught.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:17 AM

No, I wasn't trying to make that implication at all. Just glad that the provisions of the Espionage Act were being used, properly. I don't have the legal code in front of me, but it references providing information to those who should not have it, including the press. Something that would apply equally in the Plame case.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:27 AM

I'm so confused. I know the deal with Judith Miller. Every other acronym and name means nothing to me. Luckily I've never claimed to be one of those informed people.

Enlighten me.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm so confused. I know the deal with Judith Miller. Every other acronym and name means nothing to me. Luckily I've never claimed to be one of those informed people.

Enlighten me.

[/ QUOTE ]

AIPAC is the Israeli lobbying committe in Washington. Many countries have lobbies, but AIPAC has more power than any of them, according to many. It is a tricky thing, though. You really cannot criticize them, or certain people automatically call you an anti-Semite. They have had a certain immunity, and that is one reason this case has received very little media attention. Everyone is terrified to say anything negative about AIPAC, because, as previously stated, you are instantly classified as an anti-Semite if you do.