Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 12:33 PM

Default Re: New Orleans: What an embarassment

[ QUOTE ]
oh please, they arent fighting for their lives here, they are looting clohtes and TVs and other dumb [censored]. While I completely agree that there are psychological procceses at work here, lets not take it so far as to say that normal common good sense and some morals cant overcome these impulses.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it bizarre that the only thing people seem to give a crap about are the looters. 1000 people from the hospitals still waiting to be evacuated, and all people care about is that some bastard got his hands on a free DVD player. One 'looter' on the news last night was walking out with a big box of diapers - how dare she!
Old 09-02-2005, 12:36 PM

You have no electricity whatsoever, what the hell do you need the tv dvd combo for? Diapers maybe, the sony 400$ dvd player? not so much.....
Old 09-02-2005, 12:39 PM

And what about the resident that lost his house and now his small local electronic store that he's owned and operated for 20+ years is having everything taken from it? Why should he get double punished?
Old 09-02-2005, 12:41 PM

He ran off to Baton Rouge like a scared dog and did nothing (obviously) to help anyone get out of Nawlins. He told them all to leave as he was leaving. Does the city of Nawlins own any buses? Does the city of Nawlins own any trucks? Any cars? Were any of them used to help anyone evacuate? Nope. Blame it on the "feds" while the MAN in charge did absolutely NOTHING.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:43 PM

no one is denying that "the man" is one [censored] up bastard with his priorities screwed up.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:44 PM

I'm not saying you do need a DVD. Sure the looter is a scumbag - I'm sure scumbags profit out of every natural disaster. But IMHO the outrage should be focused on why after five days people don't have food, clean water and shelter, instead of the fact that a some looters have made out on DVD players.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:46 PM

Of course scumbags profit from disaster. Especially the ones that set up the fake "send your money here to help" funds then run off with the cash.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying you do need a DVD. Sure the looter is a scumbag - I'm sure scumbags profit out of every natural disaster. But IMHO the outrage should be focused on why after five days people don't have food, clean water and shelter, instead of the fact that a some looters have made out on DVD players.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-02-2005, 12:48 PM

The news is only going to report on what makes the better story, so their going to make the focus on the looters.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:06 PM

The only thing I can think of more disturbing then the federal response in New Orleans, is what it says overall about our 'readiness' to handle a major catistrophic event.

Just image if some idiot really did get ahold of a breifcase nuke or dirty bomb, like they have been trying to scare us about so much in the past years. Imagine they blew up a major city. Does what we have seen in NO mean that it would take 5 days to see trucks rolling in with supplies?

Sick and disgusting.