Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 12:24 PM

Default Re: New Orleans: What an embarassment

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just think its kind of dumb that on 9/11 most of america holds hands and sings "we are the people" but when something like this happens, which could very well be looked at as a worse disaster as a whole, everybody could care less about each other. Granted 9/11 was a different kind of feeling, but as far as disaster goes, i feel this is much more catestrophic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get enough poverty stricken people together, take away there homes, food, water and the few belongings they have and people get desperate, it generally isn't something you can blame on the residents, they are fighting for their lives here.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

oh please, they arent fighting for their lives here, they are looting clohtes and TVs and other dumb [censored]. While I completely agree that there are psychological procceses at work here, lets not take it so far as to say that normal common good sense and some morals cant overcome these impulses.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just think its kind of dumb that on 9/11 most of america holds hands and sings "we are the people" but when something like this happens, which could very well be looked at as a worse disaster as a whole, everybody could care less about each other. Granted 9/11 was a different kind of feeling, but as far as disaster goes, i feel this is much more catestrophic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get enough poverty stricken people together, take away their homes, food, water and the few belongings they have and people get desperate, it generally isn't something you can blame on the residents, they are fighting for their lives here.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not really directing that at the residents, more so at people outside of the area hit. But, a previous poster hit the nail on the head when he said that we simply dont give a [censored] cause we weren't affected and our life isn't in immediate danger

[ QUOTE ]
You have to admit that Guiliani did what needed to be done.

Meanwhile, this guy should resign:

Howie Mandel

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Old 09-02-2005, 12:26 PM

what bothers me about this...

1. the sheer destruction of NO. the images are mind boggling. the families getting torn apart, seperated and helpless, it really is a tragedy.

2. the failure of the government, on all levels, to provide enough troops to keep things under control and to get food to the people faster. all these people at the superdome should not be without so much, everyone knows how many people were there without supplies. it makes no sense to me, FEMA has to have known to prepare for this. so now we can get 30000 troops in? thats more than a little late. unbelieveable.

3. why are there so many people still in NO? it was pretty clear, leave the city. i know there are a ton of poor people there, but there should not be that many people there. maybe the governement should have organized a way to get these people out.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:27 PM

DAMMIT!

I guess I should have read the rest of the posts before trying to make the incredibly obvious howie mandel comparison.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

oh please, they arent fighting for their lives here, they are looting clohtes and TVs and other dumb [censored]. While I completely agree that there are psychological procceses at work here, lets not take it so far as to say that normal common good sense and some morals cant overcome these impulses.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed.

[ QUOTE ]
DAMMI!

I guess I should have read the rest of the posts before trying to make the incredibly obvious howie mandel comparison.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, good one sponger

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Get enough poverty stricken people together, take away there homes, food, water and the few belongings they have and people get desperate, it generally isn't something you can blame on the residents, they are fighting for their lives here.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please do us a favor. Live outside in 90 degree heat, covered in mud and crap with no water, food or clothes for 5 days and then tell us how these people are just whiners.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please do us a favor. Live outside in 90 degree heat, covered in mud and crap with no water, food or clothes for 5 days and then tell us how these people are just whiners.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I say anyone was a whiner? I said people who are stealing clothes and TVs and dumb [censored], shouldnt be able to use the cop out of being poor and losing what little belongings they have to justify stealing.

So if I go live outside in the heat for 5 days can I go to my local walmart and start taking DVD players? sweet...
Old 09-02-2005, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto from California...