Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 03:56 PM

Default Re: ($16) Medium pairs and the early game

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, people at lower buyins are bad, and yes, you can never predict what the guy next to you is going to be like when you start an SNG.

HOWEVER, one reason bad players are so bad is that they are so consistant in their betting habits. So while you may not know what the guy to your left is like at the beginning of an SNG, towards the end you SHOULD have strong reads on them, and stronger, IMO, than at higher levels, as their play is usually both horrible and consistant.

lower level players being unpredictable is a myth IMO. while play varies strong from player to player, each player doesn't vary much at all.

>>>ZIPPPY

edit: i know that in this hand there were no reads, but i just hear over and over how unpredictable lower buy-in players are, and that's wrong. hope I didn't make you feel like I was attacking you, pineapple. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I didn't even know it was directed at me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The only predictability I've seen is that they all overvalue their hands. So I guess you're ahead of me in the read department [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] .