Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2004, 05:45 PM

Default Am I Huck Seed?

So I'm at the post tournament party at the UB event in Aruba, and a funny thing happens. I'm dressed fairly nice in comparison to the usual t-shirt crowd, and happen to be standing with my wife a table away from where a number of the "name" players are hanging out (Devilfish, Matusow, Hamilton).

Now, I am nobody - my biggest claim to fame is playing at a table during the week with Scotty Nguyen and Stan Goldstein, and getting busted by Scotty. Anyway, two young guys come up to me and want to get their picture taken with me. Their buddy with the camera is wide-eyed and obviously thinks I'm somebody. I tell them they are mistaking me for someone else, but they insist. I'm about 5 rum and tonics into the night, so I play along. One of them keeps going on about how I'm the 1996 WSOP champion. I try not to go along with that, but they keep pushing. At this point I figure that they are just trying to pull one on their buddy.

One of the jokers asks for my autograph - well, I was getting autographs earlier, so I had a Sharpie in my pocket. So I say "Yeah, no problem, I always carry a Sharpie because I get asked so much." Now the table has turned on the prankster - he now has a surprised look on his face and really examines my (unintelligible) autograph.

By now a crowd is starting to form and people are trying to figure out who the hell I am. I decide to make a quick exit, and start trying to remember who the '96 champ is - I can't think of anyone I might look like. It's not until today that I look it up and find it's Huck Seed.

Well, I can't find a recent picture of Huck, but given the '96 photo, 8 years of aging, bad lighting, and X number of cocktails, maybe...

Oh well, there's really no point to this story, but if anyone runs across a picture purporting to be a photo of Huck Seed in Aruba with a rum and tonic - it's really me!
Old 10-04-2004, 05:50 PM

Default Re: Am I Huck Seed?

why dont you post a picture of you and a picture of him and we can decide much more effectively than we can based on your loose descriptions?

rj
Old 10-04-2004, 05:52 PM

Isn't Huck Seed about 6'8"?
Old 10-04-2004, 06:22 PM

"rum and tonics"

HMM, am I missing much here?
Old 10-04-2004, 06:48 PM

As you requested...

Old 10-04-2004, 10:14 PM

Isn't Huck Seed about 6'8"?

He's real tall. Dunno about 6'8", though. That's REAL tall. I bet he's 6'5" or 6'6" though.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:17 PM

i saw huck in aruba, so he was indeed there. playing 40-80 with zeejustin i think.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:19 PM

Close enough, it is amazing how many HUGE poker players there are, it is almost like the NBA - excluding the ASIAN pro's and the ladies of course.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:23 PM

?? Yao ming, dude
Old 10-04-2004, 11:53 PM

This is basically how he looks, except with a crew cut. He looks like a basketball player from the deep midwest circa 1962. He's real tall and real athletic looking. I'd consider being told you look like him would be a compliment.