Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2004, 01:18 AM

Default Getting Slowrolled

When someone hesistates along time to call your all-in with the nuts do you get pissed? Or just say "nh"?
Old 09-01-2004, 02:06 AM

Default Re: Getting Slowrolled

The last two party sitngo's I've played in now someone has slowrolled me before calling my all-in with the nuts. That place is ridiculous. It's full of horrible players that are also assholes.
Old 09-01-2004, 02:07 AM

And when I ask what is up with the slowrolling another player says "slowroll? what are you talking about that was an incredible call". Sarcasm? Complete stupidity? Who knows on Party.

Alright, now they are telling me that KQ isn't the nuts on an AJT rainbow board.

This is just absurd.
Old 09-01-2004, 02:09 AM

did it ever occur they were making sure they had the nuts? just a thought..
Old 09-01-2004, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
did it ever occur they were making sure they had the nuts? just a thought..

[/ QUOTE ]

In the first case the guy had a low nut straight and I considered it. But in the 2nd case he had KQ and an AJT board. Nope, he is just being an [censored].
Old 09-01-2004, 02:11 AM

was there a flush threat? ive never had someone do that to me..
Old 09-01-2004, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
was there a flush threat?

[/ QUOTE ]

There was 2 to a flush out. But come on, this guy isn't Phil Helmuth. He is just a shitty party poker player. We can try to find alot of excuses but the fact is he decided to wait along time to call in order to build my hopes up and then crash them down. That is why he hesitated. Not to decipher if KQ is the nuts on a AJT board. Not to consider folding to a 4 flush.

Oh and you've never had someone slowroll you? How long have you been playing? I only recall it happening to me 3 times, and 2 of those being in the last hour, ridiculous. It really pisses me off. Plus I'm going all-in when I do it, in a tournament. It's not like there is an advantage to making me tilt after I'm knocked out of the tournament. It's just human cruelty. Really it's just someone trying to make you feel bad. It's sad that so many people in the world are still like this. And 90% of people are online. Politeness is just a veil in real life, you can see people's true colors online where 90% of people are just trying to make everyone else upset.
Old 09-01-2004, 02:26 AM

I see your point now..
Old 09-01-2004, 02:31 AM

Erostatus,

If you are complaining about being slowrolled... Well thats rediculous. What if he was playing 2-8 tables? What if he wanted to double check that he had the best hand possible?

Oh wait, who cares about getting slow rolled in an online game? Jeebus.
Old 09-01-2004, 03:11 AM

I understand what he means. There are cases where its by accident but there are cases where they do it on purpose.

I admit it does piss me off, and I normaly say something about it. Once a guy had quad aces and waited for the 10 second counter to call my all in on the river. (I had a full house)

He did it on purpose to be an ass, and everyone at the table knew it. I said something like "The next time you know you are going to call dont waste everyones time, You're not on TV"

People do this on purpose live to put poeple on tilt, and its a dirty tactic that works. Its insanely rude and pointless to do it online in a SnG especially when its going to knock you out(so tilt doesnt matter because they wont have to play against you anymore)

Erostatus you are entitled to post anything you want, and everyone is welcome to their "bitch post". but almost all of your posts involve a gripe of some sort. This is why you get these kind of responses.

Try to post some serious hands that you honestly want to know about how to play. Try asking questions that affect your actual game play rather then what everyone else does. Im not trying to be mean here, I am trying to give you sound advice.

I have had my fair share of whine posts. They feel good sometimes on a personal level to let loose and vent. You can even do it in a comical way, but oh lordy lordy please stop bitching so much.