Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2004, 12:20 PM

Default You still bet this scare card, right?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO (poster) calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds.

Turn: (5.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11.75 BB, between Hero and CO.</font>
Old 08-18-2004, 12:22 PM

Default Re: You still bet this scare card, right?

Yes, I'd play it the same way.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:28 PM

Bet and call the turn.

Don't mind two or three bets on river. So I CR there. Unless I'm sure he'll check behind.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:34 PM

It depends on how sure you are that you're beat. If you are 100% sure you're beat, you fold. But according to SSHE, you need specific information to make this conclusion, which I doubt you can get on-line.

On the turn I would suspect I am 22.5:1 against beating a set of Kings, which I am pretty sure he has.

But it's OK for you to check and call the way you did. If the pot was bigger, going all the way is an easy play.
Old 08-18-2004, 02:45 PM

This original post may seem kind of simplistic, and I apologize. Especially with such a small pot at stake. I really feel like my aggression has gotten me into a lot of trouble lately, so I'm re-evaluating my game from top to bottom. I'm starting with the simple stuff, making sure I'm not making fundamental errors, then moving up. Thanks for the continued feedback. Results to come...