Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 11:40 AM

Default Why U.S. troops deserve to get blown to bits

Not the american way you [censored]ing tools.

This isn't stopping terrorism. Only perpetuating it. Support our troops? [censored] our troops.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:06 PM

Default Re: Why U.S. troops deserve to get blown to bits

Yeah, bad stuff happens when you send uneducated 18 yr old guys to go fight wars for no tangibile goal. And Americans flip out when one of those soldiers gets shot or blown up with an IED, I half expected one of the Iraqis in the film to whip out a pistol a pop theone directing the tank.

To quote a great movie, "Ain't war hell?"
Old 10-14-2005, 12:12 PM

Iraq is a mess created by us reckless americans. I thought we were doing the right thing at the time, but when Bush admitted there were no weapons and these guys really weren't a huge threat I felt like ripping his throat out. We must grow up and get good people in office. This isn't a high school popularity contest anymore and the guy's religious/ethics whatever that people see in Bush are overvalued and allow too much incompetence.

Indy
Old 10-14-2005, 12:22 PM

And what the [censored] is the point of emptying your clips into a car before you crush it with a tank? Is this the conduct of a professional soldier? Morans. From now on I'll LOL at rising american troop death tolls.

Terrorists vs. tyrants? I'll be rooting for the terrorists in that war. Especially when the "terrorists" are looting or foraging for wood and the "tyrants" are running over their automobiles and taking their livelihoods for it with no due process.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:29 PM

The perpetrators kept their lives and their hands. You do get a point for the obvious, soldiers make bad cops.

If that convinces one of those clowns to a commit suicide bombing, that's an argument for genocide. It's not even close.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The perpetrators kept their lives and their hands. You do get a point for the obvious, soldiers make bad cops.

If that convinces one of those clowns to a commit suicide bombing, that's an argument for genocide. It's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're saying all Iraqis should be slaughtered if one of them becomes a suicide bomber? You're a [censored] idiot if that's what you meant.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:34 PM

Uh, I wouldn't say that's a reason that our soldiers deserve to get killed. You could have made a good argument about the managing of soldiers without a foreseeable objective, but instead you made an America-bashing thread.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Uh, I wouldn't say that's a reason that our soldiers deserve to get killed. You could have made a good argument about the managing of soldiers without a foreseeable objective, but instead you made an America-bashing thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
The willing hands of tyranny deserve to be severed. I'm not bashing America. The conduct of the US military in Iraq is not America.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not the american way you [censored]ing tools.

This isn't stopping terrorism. Only perpetuating it. Support our troops? [censored] our troops.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh the irony! Because an isolated group of US soldiers made a disproportionate response to a crime (keeping in mind what a problem looting was in the immediate post-war period, and that their alternatives were: killing them, beating them, or telling them not to do it again) you feel that all US soldiers are now fair game. And you support terrorists who have been willing to attack hospitals, mosques, and other concentrations of civilians.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:47 PM

I'm not sure if all US soldiers deserve that fate. Just because one or a bunch do it does not follow that all do. I do agree that there must be full accountability as to the WMD question. If it turns out to be true that it was a lie (or just ignorance) and not just an honest mistake, all those involved should be put before a war crimes tribunal and get what's coming to them. Of course, no international group will EVER be able to tell America what to do, so even if by some chance Bush is convicted he'll be off free as a bird.
Closed Thread