Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 07:02 PM

Default Re: ***The OFFICIAL Cardinals vs. Astros NLCS Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, STL was MUCH MUCH more well-rounded than BOS last year and look where that got ya.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMHO Boston was a slightly more well rounded team than St. Louis last year. Especially with the pitching problems the cards had in the playoffs.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:05 PM

No, Boston was fundamentally horrible. A defensive joke. Same thing this year but with no pitching. Boston winning last year was some fluke brought on by some circle-jerk that involved Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Jimmy Fallon, Peter Gammons, and Steven King.

The Cardinals were the more well-rounded team last year, easily.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This isn't like a football super bowl where you can overcome a 6-point deficit with :01 remaining on the clock when your punt returner runs it all the way back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why wouldn't the punter just punt it out of bounds, or even yet just take a knee if all he has to do is waste 1 second.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:55 PM

Last year’s Cards/Astros series was great fun. This year’s Cards/Astors series will be great fun. It's good for baseball and the fans.

Like a fool (and casting off Clark's solid advice) I'm rooting for Houston again this year. It's a bit of a sham as I'm a Mariners and D-Backs fan but there it is. I have to be involved because I think baseball is a unique and wonderful game and the postseason never disappoints for excitement and intrigue.

I glibly predicted the Astros in 6. This bit of bravado is a shinning example of not thinking clearly. The money line boys have the Cardinals and they are not dopes especially considering the millions that will be wagered. Although the money boys can be wrong - because so many intangibles MAY occur, and a few inches here or there may swing a close and tight series - it is not often. The Cardinals are clearly a better team and they have home field advantage. The Astros have momentum, some outstanding pitching, and a better manager. It should be a classic series. In fact, this series may be more exciting and interesting than the World Series. But that’s down the road.

With all the chatter and chest beating, I have yet to see any money on the table.

I have $100 that I could use to light up a cigar or bet on the Astros. I want a fair bet (proper odds, I am guessing it has to be at least 2-1) and a straight up one. I take the Astros to win, I don’t care if it is a sweep or goes seven games. Any takers? I’m volunteering (behind his back) Andy Fox to be the proxy and hold the money. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

If the above is illegal then the offer was never made seriously and I disavow having any knowledge of it. I am legally insane so this all fits. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

-Zeno
Old 10-12-2005, 06:50 PM

Oh man. Get PUMPED.

GoT
Old 10-12-2005, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh man. Get PUMPED.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Interestingly, TLR as manager of the Cardinals has never won a series where they lost the first game, and never lost a series where they won the first game.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:00 PM

I'll give you 1.8-1 in the astros, which is essentially the pinnacle line subtracting the vig. you bet 100, i pay you 180 if the astros win. it doesnt really make sense for me to give you 2-1 because i could get it at 1.85-1 at pinny. me giving you 1.8-1 is marginally better than the lines i found at the 2 books i looked at.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh man. Get PUMPED.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Interestingly, TLR as manager of the Cardinals has never won a series where they lost the first game, and never lost a series where they won the first game.

[/ QUOTE ]
Also interestingly, STL is going to lose this series.

Go Stros!!!!!!!

GoT
Old 10-12-2005, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh man. Get PUMPED.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Also interestingly, STL is going to lose this series.

Go Stros!!!!!!!

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

GoT...I like you. And I respect you. But most of all, I pity you for what K Steel is doing to the likability of your franchise.

J
Old 10-12-2005, 09:55 PM

Gotta love Eckstein! I love watching that guy, with his clutchness and big heart.