Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2004, 12:45 PM

Default Re: WORST....FOLD.....EVER!!!!

The ethics this time aren't what they thought it's what you do. You knew you had the A (in this case two). You said you had one (at least).

I'm not saying you couldn't come up with some strategy to angleshoot like this (represent a folded ace to knock one of the play left out). I'm saying you (Dali) gave info to a player left in the hand. That's wrong.
Old 10-12-2004, 03:34 PM

This is true, but you'll notice i never said I had an ace, never made a direct comment on the board, and could have had many different hands that looked good with that board, many of which most do not fold to a 50 chip raise. I could have just as easily been commenting on hearing Ken Caminiti or Christopher Reeve dying, and have done so in similar instances in chat on numerous occasions.
Old 10-12-2004, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can't agree enough. Very serious breach of etiquette!

You told PokerMill that at least one of the Aces was out so he bet second pair. Then on the turn you confirmed that at least 3 were gone. If I were him I would have bet it also. You should be seriously ashamed about your collusion (intentional or not) with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is completely incorrect. I could have just as easily had 88, JJ, J8 or 9Ts with that comment, and considering all I said was "damn" anyways on the flop, it could mean literally ANYTHING. OMFG on the turn might have been a BIT more telling, but again, I could have had either other set, chatted in the wrong box,(which i do on a consistant basis), or been talking about something else completely different. Considering the pot winner checked the river, he obviously didn't put too much stock into 3 aces being out, not to mention the fact that this guy raised from UTG+1 with KJd, and FINALLY considering the fact that about ten hands later he called my reraise from the BB preflop from 90 to 300 with ATs, i doubt he was thinking anything other than"i have a good hand!"

Chill with the Don Quixote complex. Sometimes, they ARE just windmills.
Old 10-12-2004, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The ethics this time aren't what they thought it's what you do. You knew you had the A (in this case two). You said you had one (at least).

I'm not saying you couldn't come up with some strategy to angleshoot like this (represent a folded ace to knock one of the play left out). I'm saying you (Dali) gave info to a player left in the hand. That's wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, PLEASE tell me where i said "I had an ace". Like AN ace was the hammer here...

Something tells me the 10+1er's are getting a bit oversensitive.
Old 10-12-2004, 04:07 PM

It doesn't seem that you care to listen to what we have to say, but I will concur with the other posters. Chatting as you did while the hand was in progress was was entirely inappropriate. You can argue your response to the first ace on the flop was ambiguous, but responding to the second ace was anything but.

Whenever I feel an uncontrollable urge to comment on my hole cards, I universally type out what I have to say, wait until all possible action on the hand is complete, then hit enter.