Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2005, 12:42 AM

Default Keeping money online

I don't really talk to too many people who play poker, but my friends who don't play poker think I keep way too much money online. Now of course they see poker sites as corrupt and horrible places, but in truth, poker sites aren't FDIC insured. I currently have about 90 percent of my poker bankroll on party. I only take money out of party for expenses, so I keep little money in my bank account. In Party, I have around 35ish buy ins. I've never had more than an 8 buy in downsiwng. Should I keep this much money on Party? Or should I keep a lot in the bank and only withdraw back to party if I need it? How many buy ins should I keep in Party? What do y'all do? Thanks for your help.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:44 AM

Default Re: Keeping money online

take some out.. it feels good.
playing with 50 buyins in your account (ive done this) makes you sloppy... winning/losing just doesnt mean anything.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
playing with 50 buyins in your account (ive done this) makes you sloppy... winning/losing just doesnt mean anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hate the feeling of reloading from outside of party, whereas if you have a ton in your account you dont get that stigma.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i hate the feeling of reloading from outside of party, whereas if you have a ton in your account you dont get that stigma.

[/ QUOTE ]well kepp 15-20 buyins and play good and you wont have to...
Old 10-02-2005, 01:51 AM

Why not use Neteller? Seems like a good compromise.
Old 10-02-2005, 02:43 AM

I don't like not getting interest though, so when i move my br to neteller it always ends up at ING and then I don't want to spend it
Old 10-02-2005, 02:54 AM

While poker sites are pretty safe, treating them like they are a real bank is real dumb. This is obvious, no?
Old 10-02-2005, 03:12 AM

This question is simple. If your ultimate goal is to make money, then keeping more than you will possibly need in an non-interest bearing account is foolish. You are literally giving money away.

Does the rake piss you off at all? Well, you're getting double raked by giving Party an interest free loan.

We all talk about EV here on this site, but so many of us miss common sense +EV situations in everyday life, especially those that carry little to no risk. Not taking advantage of them is just as bad as doing the same thing at the table.