Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 11:50 AM

Default Re: something rather disturbing...

I would compare this to blackjack and counting cards. If a smart player learns to count cards he can make a ton of money if he uses the info properly. But when a moron learns to count cards he can actually lose more money if he doesnt apply it properly. So i just think that the good players were good already and this added information, while helpful will only be helpful to a handful of people that probably already have an edge on the vast majority of players.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:25 PM

Best "first post" I have seen in a while in the zoo.

Welcome to the forums.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:29 PM

great first post Keith, i think we are on the same page.

welcome to the forum.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:16 PM

Where is that recent review someone posted on poker edge? Been meaning to read it but having a hell of a time getting the search to turn up anything (+poker +edge and pokeredge don't find it??).
Old 07-01-2005, 01:26 PM

It was removed. I assume (which we all know what happens when we do that), because it appeared to be a rather roundabout way of avoiding the forum spam rule.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:41 PM

Very well put, Keith. I could not agree more.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
poker edge. yes i know its been around a while, but the recent thread really made me stop and think.

at what point do we say "no, thats crossing a line that shouldnt be crossed"? i use PT and PV, so im no purist saint or anything, but whilst reading through that poker edge thread something did not sit well at all. I cant put my finger on it but something felt pretty wrong.

if nothing else i feel as though the people behind PE are somehow exploting those that do not use it, for thier own profits.

this is not how poker should be .

[/ QUOTE ]

I have similar feelings. We all draw this imaginary line somewhere, but in the end it's the poker sites themselves that have to enforce it. If you really disagree with some of these programs I think you should send emails to the poker sites or play at sites that prohibit/limit such programs.

[ QUOTE ]
if nothing else i feel as though the people behind PE are somehow exploting those that do not use it, for thier own profits.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really, what makes you think that? I mean, you go to their site and one of the first things you see is a spot to enter your username. Then it pops up "You are tracked by PokerEdge." Now you have a choice - do I buy the program to hide my stats, or not and realize that many players now know my stats (without ever playing me) and can avoid/exploit me.