Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2005, 10:06 AM

Default K5o in sb

BB is tight, and I assume fairly aggressive. He hasn't shown down many hands, but he hasn't played many either. He probably sees me as kind of a bully. MP is the reason I am still at the table...very loose, usually passive, sometimes tricky when he feels you are pushing him around. I have been looking for excuses to enter pots with him.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Rico is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Rico completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Rico bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Rico 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Rico bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Rico calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Rico checks, BB Bets, Rico folds.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:11 AM

Default Re: K5o in sb

this is going to turn into a "fold that trash in the sb" thread.
So why don't i start it?

Flod that trash in the sb.

On the other hand the turn call is interesting...

7.5-1. I don't think the flush is good more than half the time when it hits, and your two pair/ trips outs aren't all good either. The difficulty i see is that you will often be check calling a losing hand on the river, but having it checked around when you are ahead.

If the club comes do you call his river bet?
Old 03-22-2005, 10:18 AM

Tolbiny:

[ QUOTE ]
this is going to turn into a "fold that trash in the sb" thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I assumed this would be the case. My VPIP is 19.6 and slipping...I am looking for situations to add some hands....I know..."add hands on the button" yada yada yada. I wanted to play against mp [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
If the club comes do you call his river bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I would. (or perhaps I should lead?) The only reason I called the turn raise was b/c of the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

--Rico
Old 03-22-2005, 10:27 AM

i am okay wiht the turn call if when you improve to the winner youcan get a bet out of him most of the time, without paying two bets when you lose.