Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 08:04 PM

Default how many of you guys go to morongo?

just wondering, because i go to school in riverside, so how many of 2+2ers play in morongo? i play in 2/5 NL
Old 08-29-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Re: how many of you guys go to morongo?

I used to play there every saturday. Ive played just about everygame they spread there. The 2-5 NL is very good, but the new 1-3 NL is f'in AWESOME...maybe even more profitable. I used to also play a lot of 3-6 Kill which is usually always good, gets rocky sometimes* though. The softest game I ever played there though was a 6-12 Kill game. 5-10 NL goes some sat. nights...never played though. Thats way to big for me. Nice place...a lot of the dealers are terrible though. I mean retarded terrible.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:51 PM

I primarily play online, but Morongo is my B&M of choice until April '06. Used to be Barona until Morongo expanded.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice place...a lot of the dealers are terrible though. I mean retarded terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed that as well, used to go play high low, but then I just started playing online and the 30 minute drive became too much.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:30 PM

The 5 card O8 game there is also pretty damn good. Ive only played once and about half the people at the table were mega fish. There are two or three solid regulars though...
Old 08-29-2005, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The 5 card O8 game there is also pretty damn good. Ive only played once and about half the people at the table were mega fish. There are two or three solid regulars though...

[/ QUOTE ]

The regulars suck as well, they take too many flops with inferior hands and continue too far. Pretty easy game, havent been since I have played online though.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:09 AM

I've only been there twice, most recently was two days ago. I like it, but I wish they'd have some higher limit games. I played their 2-4 last year when I was still only bankrolled for 2-4. I'm playing 5-10 now and would have loved to play 5-10 up to 15-30 if they'd had a table running last friday night when I went. I played 3-6 kill and it was a ton of fun. When I turn 21, though, I doubt that I'll go to morongo much. Commerce and Bicycle are so close...
Old 08-30-2005, 12:25 AM

I don't understand why Morongo can't get a 6/12 or bigger going on weekends, and barely gets a 4/8 on weekdays. Is *everyone* with any experience playing the NL cash game now?

In the 5-card O8 game, do you just wait for the nuts? Seems with so many cards out, 2 pair would be junk. I've played some 3/6 O8 at San Manuel, but was hoping for intelligent feedback on the 5-card game before sitting in.

I work at UC Riverside, so Morongo is easily the closest cardroom.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:16 AM

The only time I played 6-12 there it was just a whole bunch of turkish guys willing to gamble it up. It was awesome! There was also one guy who recognized my JOPKE hat though. His play was also far form impressive. The reason why nothing bigger ever goes is because everyone who plays there is either a college kid who wants to play NL or a old nit who wont sit with more than 200-400$. I went sat night and the 6-12 wasnt even going if I remember correct. I dont even think the 4-8 got going until around 8ish!!! I played the O8 game one night for about two hours and I all I can really remember are the huge pots and the Al capone table captain guy who is AWLASY there. IT basically played like a 6-12 game with 1$ chips...HUGE pots.

I think wed. night will be my last trip of the summer before I retuen to school in boston. I will probably be there with my buddy. I wear a JOPKE hat if anyone wants to say 'sup bro'

Edit: There seem to be a lot more 2+2er who play there than I thought...if you guys wanted to start a brown trout mixed game that would be AWESOME!!! I thought I would at least give it a shot....doubtful, but hey...if you guys wanna doonk around.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In the 5-card O8 game, do you just wait for the nuts? Seems with so many cards out, 2 pair would be junk. I've played some 3/6 O8 at San Manuel, but was hoping for intelligent feedback on the 5-card game before sitting in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I went when was first starting out at high low and I only played A/2 hands and beat them down pretty easily, however I havent been since I have become better, I used to suck so you should be able to beat them down easily, just keep your hands down and play only hands that have scooping potential. I say just wait for the nuts its 5 cards, you will see a lot of A/2 hands way more than in a regular omaha game.

[ QUOTE ]
The only time I played 6-12 there it was just a whole bunch of turkish guys willing to gamble it up. It was awesome! There was also one guy who recognized my JOPKE hat though. His play was also far form impressive. The reason why nothing bigger ever goes is because everyone who plays there is either a college kid who wants to play NL or a old nit who wont sit with more than 200-400$. I went sat night and the 6-12 wasnt even going if I remember correct. I dont even think the 4-8 got going until around 8ish!!! I played the O8 game one night for about two hours and I all I can really remember are the huge pots and the Al capone table captain guy who is AWLASY there. IT basically played like a 6-12 game with 1$ chips...HUGE pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, pretty huge pots cause of the five card thing and the people are pretty much as you decribed, either all kids who want to play NL or old guys who dont really want to play for big stakes.