Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2005, 02:45 AM

Default Re: Theres still tons of fishies on mid limit games

[ QUOTE ]
This was online. There was two situations where the player was playing the "luck" instead of his hands. He cold-called 3bets with a 45o after I opened UTG and another solid player reraised making it 3bets. The other time was when I was in late position and the player was in the button who made it 3bets with Q2s. Either thees players are bots or just plain o'l lucky cause he was hitting and I wasn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

The players in question were definitely bots. Good read. Put on your tin foil hat and sunglasses and their pattern mappers will malfunction and you will be all set.

NH - Jags
Old 09-10-2005, 03:28 AM

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP YOU STUPID MORON

sorry, running bad and taking out my anger on jackasses
Old 09-10-2005, 03:52 AM

"hi

this is not the place for you.

mike l."

It's not that I'm weak, my stats are solid I'm pretty sure of that. Seriously, how do you beat a fish who plays tons of hands and hits 2 pair or runner runner while holding a big pair. It's almost impossible to make the guy fold specially when you can't hit a single flop. Like what I said before, he'll call with deuce pair on all overcards. Funny, I was looking at how he played today and guess what, his $2000 roll is now back to 0, sucks that he had to hit everything while playing with me.
Old 09-10-2005, 06:49 AM

Your stats may be good for what a good player may have but you lack a fundamental understanding of the game and should probably move down if you don't know how to beat calling stations.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:06 AM

Well, how about educating me so I won't make the mistake again. I would love to crush calling stations.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:14 AM

"Well, how about educating me so I won't make the mistake again. I would love to crush calling stations."

Mid-high stakes is really supposed to be a place for advanced poker discussion. Usually, this involves playing against good players, although as you point out there are plenty of people playing for big money who have no clue.

It's very easy to beat calling stations, but a discussion of how best to do it is too simplistic for this forum. You need to ask your questions in microlimits or small stakes. Do not be offended because you play higher.

Anyways, whether or not you choose to heed my advice and post your question in a different forum, I can assure you that you will never get any legitimate responses here, and rightly so.

-Michael
Old 09-10-2005, 07:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise ATo from the CO and he makes it 3bets to me with a Q2s on the SB, so I call. The flop came something like 7K2r, I check and he bets with his Q2, I check raise. On the turn it came 3, I check again hoping he folds a hand that I can beat. He bets and I check raise him again, he calls. River was a 6, I bet first and he actually called. I thought my play was very strong, I would definitely have made someone folded their duece if he knew what he was doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still confused as to what site you were on where the CO acts before the SB on the flop, turn, and river...

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com
Old 09-10-2005, 08:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still confused as to what site you were on where the CO acts before the SB on the flop, turn, and river...

[/ QUOTE ]

well spotted... lol

Barron u got my respect [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2005, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, how do you beat a fish who plays tons of hands and hits 2 pair or runner runner while holding a big pair. It's almost impossible to make the guy fold specially when you can't hit a single flop. Like what I said before, he'll call with deuce pair on all overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't beat a guy who hits his hands. Deal with it. Try playing him when he's not hitting; like maybe the next hand.

Beating calling stations--there's only a couple of million words in the literature on this. Look it up.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:35 AM

"Theres still tons of fishies on mid limit games"

Boy Howdy.
Jeff