Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2005, 06:23 PM

Default this is why 6m frustrates me

This hand is from awhile back - so no reads. And I'm going to make my comments first (and please don't just say "dude, you gotta cap the flop" - tell me WHY you undervalue the action):

villain pfr utg but doesn't cap so I'm thinking A/K-big or pp

villain c-r pf 3-bettor with ugly board so now I'm thinking two pair, set or str; who c-r a draw against pf 3-bettor?

turn/river suck but I can't see folding AA HU (mistake but...).

sd: why I'm so often turned around in 6m - raising utg and c-r pf 3-bettor with this?? Too often I'm doing the wrong thing at the wrong time precisely because I see so much of this kind of crap. I'm losing the most with my losers because there's so much stealing and overvaluing of hands that I feel compelled to call down decent hands while winning the least with winners because I mistake signs of strength.

htf do you deal with these?
Cap flop anyway and hope he has crap?
Call down?
Fold it on turn lead?

I'm showing the entire hand because I see this a lot but I also call down somebody that flopped a straight and think "why did I ignore the signals?" It just can't be a read-dependent thing because there's too many hands played where you know almost nothing about the player(s). And I've only started doing this lately - I have no idea how many winners I've thrown away before.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

UTG has 7s Kh (one pair, kings).
Hero has Ac Ah (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 9.75 BB.