Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 09:06 AM

Default Almost called ambulance for myself last night

So its midnight last night and I wake up short of breath, I grab my inhaler hit it 2x go back to bed. This happens every hour on the hour until 4am with I say screw it, I get up and get my breathing machine nebulizer and do a treatment ( havent done one in 9 months) so then im stoned out my mind on abuteral and cant sleep. I am 320 lbs and 5 8...yes im fat...I eat out 2 meals a day and usually one includes a buffet. I do not want to get gastric bypass though my mother just did and she has lost 100 lbs in 6 months. I need a serious work out / eating plan that will strip off at least 10 lbs a month pretty quick or im going to end up in the hospital or dead. I can afford pretty much anything including the surgery to correct this problem, but think that should be the last result. Im sure ill get flamed and called a fat bastard, but frankly its worth it if it saves my life. Help guys.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:07 AM

Default Re: Almost called ambulance for myself last night

Everything you hear will involve eating less (of the crap) and moving more, but I suppose you already know this.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:08 AM

The first thing you need to do is go to a doctor. I'm sure he'll have some recommendations for you.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:11 AM

Holey moley! Thast sounds terrible.

you obviously need to eat less and exercise. Walk everywhere you can to start off.

I'd say no more salad-dodging and nothing, absolutely nothing with processed sugar or salt. No fried food, no choccies, no sweets, no biscuits. Salad + tuna, Salad + skinless chicken, rice and beans, pasta and vegetables (no oil), and get some good vitamin pills.

You must do aerobic exercise, so can be:
walking
jogging
cycling
rowing
swimming
cross-trainering

and I'd suggest you try some every day.

Just don't go too mad on the exercise to start with - you need to build and build (eg if you choose jogging: walk first day, then try doing very slow jogging and walking second day, the next day a little more etc etc).

Take care now!
Old 10-31-2005, 09:11 AM

Im hoping someone here was in same situation or is a trainer and can give me more concrete steps then eat less move more, though im sure thats a start
Old 10-31-2005, 09:14 AM

IndieMatty posted a link to a website that helps calculate the number of calories you should be eating to lose weight given your size or something. I think it was a Friday lunch thread a couple of weeks ago.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:37 AM

OK i'm pretty health conscious so here are some ideas that might help because they are things that I live by.

First, you need to watch what foods you eat. You don't have to starve yourself to lose weight, you just have to eat healthy foods. Don't eat out if you can help it. When you eat at home, read your nutrition labels and be conscious of the amount of saturated fat and sugar. If you notice you're eating something high in these, stop eating it. CUT OUT ALL FRIED FOODS. THEY ARE VERY BAD FOR YOU. Also, buy lean meat instead of fatty meat.

As far as exercise, start out doing some physical activity for 30 mins a day MINIMUM. This comes out to a measly 3.5 hours per week, and might make you live a lot longer and feel better. Trust me it's worth it. Do this and you will eventually develop your own work out plan based on your own needs.

While you are making your healthy transition, drink 10 glasses of water a day (cut out all soda, beer, or drinks high in sugar), and get 8 hours of sleep a night. Do these things and you WILL see improvement

Hope this helps
Old 10-31-2005, 09:39 AM

One of the cool things about death is that, finally, you can lose weight and keep it off!
Old 10-31-2005, 09:55 AM

I was topping 360 lbs. last fall when I went to my doctor because I was having headaches and general crappy feelings daily.

I had borderline high blood pressure and also found out that I had sleep apnea (at 28 years old). The blood pressure turned out to be caused by the sleep apnea, but the sleep apnea was definitely weight related.

In high school I weighed 305, got to college got down to 185 and then had slowly crept up to the 360. So I decided to cut down on my nightly p*ker and devote that time to working out.

I am around 260 today (-100 lbs) and still working on it. My waist has gone from 52 to 42 and I have added alot of muscle. How to do it? I work out 6 nights a week for about an hour a night. I do a bodybuilding split schedule - lifting hard and heavy every night. You would be amazed how all fat 260 looks from 260 with muscle.

As far as diet - consume less calories. I went on a controlled carb plan. Basically no bread and such, but lots of fresh veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, salads, etc) and meats. Whatever you do, you have to change how you eat, and not go "on a diet" otherwise you'll end up going back to the beggining.

Go to the doctor, get a plan, committ to it, and you will thank yourself for the rest of your life.

Orange

Edit: A good simple start is to cut out any soda/coffee and drink lots of water instead.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was topping 360 lbs. last fall...I am around 260 today (-100 lbs)

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats! Great story.