Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 10:40 AM

Default Re: Kicking a Mod off the island: Discussion thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So you are basically saying, [censored] is going to get fcked by his own game? Hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very hilarious, but if that's what this is about, let's cut to the chase.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's pretty obvious this is the direction it's headed.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, given [censored]'s popularity from the original seeding thread of the Mod Battle contest, I have a feeling he has enough supporters that he'd get saved pretty early on.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:47 AM

Can you think of one single mod other than [censored] who has as many 'haters' out there? The only one who even comes close is Dynasty. Are you really telling me that you think the people of OOT will vote for Dynasty to go over [censored]?

Honestly, if you can think of anyone else who would stand a good chance to 'win' this contest, I'm all ears. I include myself in that, too.

If it's not the haters who win out in this thing, the person to go will simply be the most unknown.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you think of one single mod other than [censored] who has as many 'haters' out there? The only one who even comes close is Dynasty. Are you really telling me that you think the people of OOT will vote for Dynasty to go over [censored]?

Honestly, if you can think of anyone else who would stand a good chance to 'win' this contest, I'm all ears. I include myself in that, too. Because if it's not the haters who win out in this thing, the person to go will simply be the most unknown.

[/ QUOTE ]

well the way i was thinking of doing it, you start with the list of mods, and you vote for who you want to save, and say the first time, top 5 are saved, etc. [censored] would get saved quite fast that way. Also, this requires people to actively want to keep a mod for them to not lose.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well the way i was thinking of doing it, you start with the list of mods, and you vote for who you want to save, and say the first time, top 5 are saved, etc. [censored] would get saved quite fast that way. Also, this requires people to actively want to keep a mod for them to not lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is the way it goes, I might be wrong about half of what I said. The unknowns would definitely suffer the most in this format.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3. What is a fair way to do this so that a good mod from another forum doesnt end up being the one voted off simply because no one in OOT has heard of him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because of this, I don't think it can be done in a fair way. If the contest were posted in every single forum, and the votes collected from there, it would be one thing. But a forum in OOT about mods elsewhere that OOT types may never even have heard of doesn't really make sense. And many of them may have heard of all of us as little as we have heard of them.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Honestly, if you can think of anyone else who would stand a good chance to 'win' this contest, I'm all ears. I include myself in that, too. Because if it's not the haters who win out in this thing, the person to go will simply be the most unknown.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this method clearly penalizes mods from other forums. given what is at risk, i'm not sure that there's any method that would be just for mods of other forums but this method is definitely among the worst.

maybe this should be an OOT mod-only competition.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:08 AM

This is seriously retarded.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:10 AM

This is stupid. All these competitions are stupid. I can't believe this is actually going to be used to select who is fit to moderate and who is not.

BruceZ does some awesome work over in Probability, but he'd probably be the first ones to go because he's not very well known here (or so it seems).

I wouldn't blame him if he decided not to come back to 2+2 because his mod powers were stripped in a ridiculous contest like this one - and, frankly, BruceZ would be a much greater loss to 2+2 than [censored] would be or ever will be. Even if he didn't leave, it's totally disrespectful to all the work he's done to do this just because he hasn't spent hundreds of hours upping his post count in OOT and arranging a legion of ass kissers to back his every boneheaded decision.

Man, I feel like I'm back in the primary school playground whenever I come here lately.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:10 AM

In all the forums, OOT and otherwise; it does not appear that the Mods are the problem in any of them.

The annoying things that occur in all forums are either caused unintentionally by new posters, by retards and trolls, or surly experienced posters who are in a rut of flaming everybody.

I can't really see any benefit to the community in subjecting mods to the discipline of the relatively confused masses.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

maybe this should be an OOT mod-only competition.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's the way it's done, we all know where it would lead.

The contest being set up in a manner in which one person has to lose/win/whatever would only end one way if it's restricted to OOT mods.
Closed Thread