Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 04:20 AM

Default I know I should be folding this...

...but I can never get myself to lay it down. Is this fine or should I be folding somewhere along the line here?

No hands on villain yet, haven't seen him get out of line or do anything crazy.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, [color=#666666]3 folds</font>, [color=#CC3333]MP3 3-bets</font>, [color=#666666]4 folds</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
Hero checks, [color=#CC3333]MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>

River: (7.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

I know I'm beat, but I call down anyway.

Edit: Not sure what's up with the converter. Sorry it didn't show up right.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:46 AM

Default Re: I know I should be folding this...

I think you need to find a fold on the turn.

You can peel the flop, as you have nut straight and backdoor flush outs. Even though the turn brings two pairs, you are behind every standard 3 betting hand and only have 4 unclean outs to fill up.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:52 AM

Yeah, if he's got a reasonable range and isn't the type to fire a second barrel into a board full of overcards, you don't beat anything on the turn. And, except for TT, I can't think of anything you have the odds to draw against, either, even when we take into account your outs to a chop.

So I guess you should give up on the turn. It's not easy against an unknown, though. I mean, in theory, he could be trying to steal the pot with 76s . . .

Edit: As far as the converter goes, what you need to do is change the format in the upper-left corner from FTR to 2+2 Forums.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:29 PM

You need a read on the villian. Against most 2/4 players, this is a turn fold. You have 4 outs to a boat, but you are only getting 6-1 from the pot (10-1 to make your boat).

Once you call the turn, you have to call the river getting 8-1 with no reverse implied odds.

That's why you fold the turn against most opponents. You are really getting 7-2 on a call down and you aren't good the 30% of the time you need.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:24 PM

Preflop / flop = perfectly fine

Turn = fold

opponent beats you with anything, against any standard 3-betting range you will be drawing to 2 outs almost 100% of the time.

True