Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back

Old 12-27-2005, 11:06 PM

Default Re: Stars VIP Program

[ QUOTE ]

if we could only convince the fish...

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I think Stars will be able to convince more fish to play there with this program if it gets publicized with the general poker playing public and outside of just your hardcore players that read this forum.

I know they sure have set the hook on me. I'm like a big marlin flopping around and am ready to be pulled into the boat.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:34 PM

you know, I was thinking about it tonight, and I just may switch to stars later on in the year, when rakeback means a little less and my bankroll is nice and big. EPT entries would really be nice, and if I cash in one then that's some pretty good rakeback.

I just emailed the party VIP club and was reminded about how much I HATE HATE HATE partypoker. I hadn't dealt with them in a couple weeks and I was forgetting how much they suck.

I asked about January VIP offers and of course they said "to keep the VIP club exciting offers change from month to month. We will not be able to provide you details of future promotions"

I HATE YOU PARTY [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 12-28-2005, 12:26 AM

I thought we were "damn fool"s if we play at Stars when unmentionable is available for potty?

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-28-2005, 01:51 AM

I guess it depends on your financial situation and how much money means to you.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So your ballpark estimate turns Stars VIP into 20% rakeback at supernova status. Now please explain to me how this is better than 25% rakeback. For all the hype that Lee Jones gave us, how is 20% rakeback NOT pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

You pay significantly less in rake at 3/6 and 5/10. Compare the rake structures. There's a big difference. Of course at 10/20+ it doesn't make that much difference, so PP+that think no one has is better.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:10 AM

"For all the hype that Lee Jones gave us"

I think Lee mentioned it ONCE. He just said that they were working on their VIP club which would include the possibility of spending your FPP's on WSOP and PCA entries (and other stuff).

To my knowledge, this was ALL he said about it.

So I don't blame Lee for over-hyping it or anything like that.
All the hype came from 2+2'ers like Augie and others (me included) possibly with over-active imaginations who kept saying, "I want it NOW. I can't wait" etc etc.
This was partly due to the overall growing frustration with the Party VIP incompetence.

I agree with both sides.
It's not mind-blowingly great, but it's a decent start.
And the fact that it's clearly spelled out (and competently) is very attractive compared with the party vagueness and lack of organization.

Just think what everyone here would be doing if Party implemented the same kind of program that Stars is using.

It's not THAT freaking hard to figure out what the players want and actually give it to them.
If Party really wants to keep the high-volume players they're just going to have to try harder...and pay attention to what's going on.

Listening to some of the legitimate complaints about the November pay-outs would be a start.
Not lying about December offers 'coming REALLY soon' would be a good idea too.

I did the marathon 25k points for the cruise thing (don't know ntil Jan 5 if I'm one of the first 30 players) but obviously that promotion wasn't attractive to most people.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nothing can substitute for 25% rakeback in cold hard cash. And there is no arguing this. If you have rakeback at party and play at stars anyway, you are a damn fool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, especially if you play in the $30/60 Stud 8/b game that doesn't exist on Party, or the 15/30 Stud 8/b game, or the weekly $215, or the monthly, or the WCOOP, or the satellites, or ....
Old 12-28-2005, 12:39 PM

Supernova VIP fpp bonus equals about 60% rakeback compared to Party.

Depending on what you play and how you use your fpps ofcourse but I got 60% as the highest possible rakeback compared to Party when playing on stars. (which means I included the lower rake as "rakeback").

You'll have to figure out what games to play to get that for yourselfs [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-28-2005, 12:43 PM

I can't quote him directly, but Lee said the VIP program would make us forget all about rakeback. If that's not hype, I don't know what is.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nothing can substitute for 25% rakeback in cold hard cash. And there is no arguing this. If you have rakeback at party and play at stars anyway, you are a damn fool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, especially if you play in the $30/60 Stud 8/b game that doesn't exist on Party, or the 15/30 Stud 8/b game, or the weekly $215, or the monthly, or the WCOOP, or the satellites, or ....

[/ QUOTE ]

This is completley different for obvious reasons.