Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Ugly, indecisive TT hand

I'm folding the flop here. Two overcards in a three-way pot is just to much, particularly as the board is also draw heavy, we're vulnerable to two overcards, and we don't have any meaningful redraws. Peeling one on the flop getting like 15-1 or whatever is at least in consideration, but we should realize that AJ is a possibility and so our outs are a little dirty. The T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] gives tons of redraws. Sometimes we'll have the best hand, the turn will check through, and we'll get to see a showdown, but that's not a huge probability. So I think I like folding the best.

Turn is definitely a fold if we get there.

Even though MP2 is crazy, that doesn't mean he can't (and won't) have a K or Q in his hand a lot of the time.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:01 AM

Default Results and thoughts

I folded on the river. I have some doubts now about this fold being best (maybe I'm being results-oriented), but in any case, I would have felt better about the hand if I had folded earlier, like many of you have recommended.

As it was, though, I endured the reverse-implied odds that I did for two streets and then threw my hand away just because CO's call meant, to me, that he didn't have AJ/AT after all. He could, however, still have a hand like 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. A second-pair hand is also possible, but if CO had a queen, CO possibly would have raised with that on the flop or turn. (AQ is, after all, the most obvious hand for him to have if he's holding a queen.)

During the hand, I wasn't sure how much the preflop action did or didn't intimidate CO. (And he should have some respect for my 3-bet, even if he correctly disregarded MP2's limp-cap.) Given what CO had, I guess maybe it was a situation where he and I both put each other on a draw, but he got his river call in first. And he clearly had no respect for MP2's limp-cap.

Anyway, MP2 had J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for the busted gutshot and jack-high on the river. CO had A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (it was hard to put him on that) and took the pot with a pair of fours.

Thanks for the responses.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:10 AM

Default A later hand

Here's a later encounter with the LAG where my stubbornness did pay off. But in this hand I was heads-up, and the draw I had on the turn helped get me to the river. And once I was on the river, the crying call seemed easy enough, against this guy, even though the board had gotten really ugly, for my hand:

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

Results:
SB has 9h 5h (one pair, nines).
Hero has Js Ah (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 12.50 BB.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1. I fold the flop.
Hand 2. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Get away from this hand on the flop. There are 2 over cards which either one of them may have and there are a ton of overcrards out there that make you cry. Even seeing a 10 on either street does not make you feel that much better.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:52 PM

ok, so you called the turn anticipating CO folding the river so you can call MP2's meaningless bet and scoop the pot. CO called on the river, so now you must fold your 3rd pair. I doubt CO will call with A-hi given the board.