Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 07-21-2005, 04:31 PM

Default Re: My PLO Strategy

[ QUOTE ]

I have one thing to say to Josie Wales: You're calling what Daniel Negreanu does garbage. I play roughly the same style as him in my holdem and Omaha

[/ QUOTE ]

He would get killed in most .10/.25 - 1/2 PLO games using that strategy. Plus I'm not even sure that it's a fact that he's plays ten person games, he might be playing really short. so this strategy wouldn't apply at all...

if you play like 10/20 PLO and NL holdem then just disregard this post, but you're so DONE trying to do this at anything <1/2
Old 07-21-2005, 07:11 PM

PLO and holdem are as different as night and day. In any poker game your strategy should be situational. You must ask yourself: What is my position, how many callers, what is my hand strengths and weaknesses, what type of players are remaining, what previous information do I have on them! I guarantee that Daniel Negreanu is an expert at sizing up situations. You have shown by your post that you are not good at situations and you are thinking poker strategy is simple. Say good by to your money!
Old 07-21-2005, 08:35 PM

From Merriam Webster - strategy(n): an elaborate and systematic plan of action.

This pretty much fails that test. Predictable, routine betting practices do not compromise a strategy.

gl at the tables.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For example, look at Sammy Farha: he definitely plays these hands, yet many consider him to be the best Pot-Limit-Omaha player in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should edit this to "many consider him to be the best short handed Pot-Limit-Omaha player in the world". Thats a clue as to the problem with your strategy suggestions.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:02 PM

Ok, sorry, I probably should state that I mostly play shorthanded PLO. And, since I "convieniently" didn't say that, I would get lot's of calls from my loose image. That is, until I realized that you wouldn't recognize me since I play live. Whoops.