Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 09:26 AM

Default Re: ONLINE POKER IS 100% RIGGED

This assertion is so absurd that I am surprised that so many people have bothered to reply. There may be some cheating by online sites, but to claim that it is 100% rigged is ridiculous.

100% means ALL. Does any sane person believe that it is ALL rigged?

Regards,

Al
Old 06-02-2005, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
agree. It seems to me that if "rigging" takes place, it would be far more likely to take the form of making the deals more exciting, encouraging bigger pots and therefore more rake. On some sites I have actually wondered if this is happening - but I have no stats to be able to say for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be suspicious and recognizable. The goal would be to get and keep players (Fish included). get as much rake as possible, make the games last as long as possible and remain within the statistical percentages so no proof is possible. The computer is made to do complex calculations with ease. It would be trivial to write a program that accomplishes all of these goals without being suspicious at the same time.

From my earlier post:

The thing is if you try to find out how the RNG is tested and verified while in use and safegaurded from tampering you can find out nothing. I have emailed BMM, Iglobal, and other verification sites and not one returned my email. If they are completely honest and using great methods to insure that the deals are honest why is it you get smoke and mirrors when you try to find out the methods? If you go to the web sites of these verification firms you get a run around. At the Poker web sites where you play you get a hazy picture and run around. If this is being done fairly and honestly why not show the exact method of testing, verification, and tamper proofing of the RNG in live use play? They should be screaming this from the roof. It should be in every banner add and a complete page dedicated to it on the sites where you play. Why don't they want the us to know? Has anyone else tried to dig out this information?
Old 06-02-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Perception

Okay. I suppose I am in no position to say whether stockman's alleged cheating is true. What seems clear, however, is that the evidence most people give for saying the sites are rigged, is poor at best. It's a long series of whiny anecdotes like when that crazy guy took $530.76 from you even though he only had two outs after the turn. You remember all these disappointing experiences and cannot ever remember any times when you were the guy winning despite terrible odds. Is this because you forget those times? No, I won't go that far. It's because you're a good poker player, and as a result, you never set yourself up to win hands like that.

I think its safe to assume that everyone on these forums is moderately good to very good at playing poker. We fold the bad hands and raise with the good ones. We don't call with ridiculously bad odds. Bad players are different. Because they make those bad plays, they set themselves up to occasionally win those improbable hands. Good players, by nature of the game, lose these sometimes. It has happened to all of us, many times. That doesn't mean its rigged. It means we are decent players.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The thing is if you try to find out how the RNG is tested and verified while in use and safegaurded from tampering you can find out nothing. I have emailed BMM, Iglobal, and other verification sites and not one returned my email. If they are completely honest and using great methods to insure that the deals are honest why is it you get smoke and mirrors when you try to find out the methods? If you go to the web sites of these verification firms you get a run around. At the Poker web sites where you play you get a hazy picture and run around. If this is being done fairly and honestly why not show the exact method of testing, verification, and tamper proofing of the RNG in live use play? They should be screaming this from the roof. It should be in every banner add and a complete page dedicated to it on the sites where you play. Why don't they want the us to know? Has anyone else tried to dig out this information?

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one who thinks that maybe they're so secretive about the RNG, and how its tested, because they don't want anybody to figure out how the RNG works, and thus predict the cards? Seems like it would be a sensible precaution to me. I wouldn't want them talking about how the RNG works out there because then it would make it much easier for a programmer to figure out what the algorithm is, what clock cycle it is based on, and then write a program that would let him know what everyone's hole cards and what the board will be. If I remember correctly, someone cracked an RNG for Vegas Draw Poker machines sometime back, in a similar matter. All you conspiracy theorists are just ignoring this simple, and obvious explanation for the secretiveness concerning the RNG, and how it is tested.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one who thinks that maybe they're so secretive about the RNG, and how its tested, because they don't want anybody to figure out how the RNG works, and thus predict the cards? Seems like it would be a sensible precaution to me. I wouldn't want them talking about how the RNG works out there because then it would make it much easier for a programmer to figure out what the algorithm is, what clock cycle it is based on, and then write a program that would let him know what everyone's hole cards and what the board will be. If I remember correctly, someone cracked an RNG for Vegas Draw Poker machines sometime back, in a similar matter. All you conspiracy theorists are just ignoring this simple, and obvious explanation for the secretiveness concerning the RNG, and how it is tested.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are not worried about this in the least! With 168 bit encryption it would take all the computer power on earth 100 years to break just one algorithm. Besides they will tell you exactly how the RNG works on their web sites. They tell you exactly how many shuffles and that they take random mouse clicks and other input to make it unpredictable. The question that I can't get answered is what happens after the verification company's test the RNG. How do they verify that the RNG they tested is used. How do they insure that it keeps being used. Why is this not common knowledge by everyone that plays online poker!
Old 06-04-2005, 11:58 PM

If you think online poker is fixed and has "house players". Please do us a favor and stop playing online. And please do everyone a favor stop posting stuff which has already been posted by hundreds of praranoid players. You are getting nowhere.

Can we close this thread please?
Old 06-05-2005, 05:25 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 06-05-2005, 01:49 PM

shut up
Old 06-05-2005, 02:05 PM

yea u have to be very lucky to win a lot
Old 06-06-2005, 03:12 PM

If the site cheats in favor of "poorer players" then I must suck BIGTIME.
Closed Thread