Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2004, 04:07 AM

Default 44 going for the miracle

Is the flop call ok? Facing 1SB, I technically am just short of pot odds a little but if you include the expected calls behind me, is this ok? Or should fold the flop?

I think turn and river pretty standard.

Is PF call a little loose [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (15 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, SB folds, UTG calls.

River: (13.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB
Old 12-16-2004, 04:13 AM

Default Re: 44 going for the miracle

Use the hand converter -too hard to read.

I would Fold the flop.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:19 AM

sorry a/b the format. Here ya go! Really you wouldn't limp with 44 in a very loose table?

How about the flop call? Odds of getting the four was just slightly below price of call but should be around right if you included the two behind me. Or is this thinking wrong?
Old 12-16-2004, 04:22 AM

Preflop limp is fine.

You're getting 20:1 on your flop call, closing the action. I would definitely call this, although I'm not sure I know what you mean by "the two behind you."
Old 12-16-2004, 04:27 AM

Sorry I read my own hand wrong [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Yes what I was saying was that I didn't exactly get 22:1 or in other words I had 4% of hitting another 4 but the "price" of calling is about 5% of the pot.

Good that the call was right tho!
Old 12-16-2004, 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry a/b the format. Here ya go! Really you wouldn't limp with 44 in a very loose table?

How about the flop call? Odds of getting the four was just slightly below price of call but should be around right if you included the two behind me. Or is this thinking wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't listen to me. Yes preflop limp, and if you had pot odds the flop call was good.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:50 AM

c/r the turn. PF limp is fine if the table is really loose, but limping up front with tiny pockets is generally a bad idea..
Old 12-16-2004, 05:14 AM

Looks good. Preflop is fine, flop call is fine, turn - if you think it will get checked though bet, if you think MP" will bet check raise, river fine.
Old 12-16-2004, 07:17 AM

PF limp is fine if the table is really loose, but limping up front with tiny pockets is generally a bad idea..

Dude, there were 7 to that flop. Limping up front with tiny pockets is generally a GOOD idea in .50/1. If not, you need to switch tables, NOW, since loose is the norm at that limit.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:54 AM

Limping is okay, if the table is generally passive preflop and you expect multiway action. The flop call was okay, because you were closing the action, and had good relative position to trap your opponents if you did catch your miracle card. And have caught the 4, you should of went for a c/r instead of betting out into the preflop raiser. The worst thing you want is the pfr to make it 2 bets and force everyone to cold call 2. Great job in catching your 2 outer.