Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 06:32 PM

Default Two hands from $1/2.Played well?

Hi,
please check my play.
Thank you a lot. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

1.Hand

CO is very loose player with 52 VP$IP.He bet almost every pot and be very lucky with hands like K5o etc.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

2.Hand

At this table I sat down and I haven't any read.Somebody raise preflop, another player bet the flop, another Turn and then somebody show pair of 3 at River and win the Pot.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, BB folds.

Turn: (3.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (6.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds.

Old 12-15-2005, 06:36 PM

Default Re: Two hands from $1/2.Played well?

Sometimes I 3-bet the flop hand 1 but of course not against everyone. You played it well.

In hand 2, folding the flop isn't bad but I would call too. Definitely bet the turn though; no free cards to lone hearts.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,
please check my play.
Thank you a lot. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

1.Hand

CO is very loose player with 52 VP$IP.He bet almost every pot and be very lucky with hands like K5o etc.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

2.Hand

At this table I sat down and I haven't any read.Somebody raise preflop, another player bet the flop, another Turn and then somebody show pair of 3 at River and win the Pot.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, BB folds.

Turn: (3.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (6.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand one looks good. Exactly how I would have played it.

Hand two is not very good. If you're going to continue past the flop, you HAVE to raise UTG+1's bet. You're not going to fold anyone with single hearts, but you'll make it pretty expensive for them to draw. However, folding might be the better option. This seems like a very standard reverse implied odds problem.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:49 PM

Hand one : I play the same.

Hand two: How about a raise on the flop, don't we need to charge the lone [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]'s if we are to continue? I might fold. But, I am weak.

Anyone else raise the flop? Why or why not?
Old 12-15-2005, 06:53 PM

Hand 1 I'd re-raise the flop. Probably gets me to the River cheaper as 99% of the time Villain will lead out the Turn if I just call his check-raise, likely check it if I continue to show strength. Sometimes LAGs will even fold to the re-raise so that's an added bonus! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2005, 06:54 PM

I think hand 1, I play the same, sometimes I would 3-bet the flop.

Hand 2, I think you have to either fold or raise the flop, to fold out someone with one heart. I'm not sure which is better because you could be up against a better ace. the way you played it, on the turn a checkraise won't do much probably because everyone will just call for one bet.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:07 PM

Hand 1 I play the same.

Hand 2
I raise the flop and lead a non-heart turn. I think the ace is good here a fair amount of the time, bu I always feel uncomfortable with these hands.

I am having a hard time coming up with any line that I do like.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:20 PM

Hand 1, I call a lot here, but there's a lot of merit to raising as well. Flop is good, 3-betting here would be silly, I think he has a K or 9 a good amount of the time here, so you're a slight dog in the hand. Turn is good, you've got 7 outs to the nuts, 2 outs to the A-high flush, and probably 2 outs for the Ace. River is obvious.

Hand 2, I raise this flop to make all of the various 1 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] draws pay. Depending on my read I either fold or call a 3-bet. On the turn I bet for the same reason. Just calling a raise, throwing it away if it's two back to me (somehow). Given the way it played out, just call the river.