Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 07:15 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: Hellmuth at main event

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, "licking his nutsack". Do whatever it takes

[/ QUOTE ]

I might go as far as to pay for the limo to get him to the game, but that's as far as I go with that.

Whatever works for you. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=klondike+bar/v=2/SID=e/TID=I056_77/l=IVS/SIG=128ihrie4/EXP=1130454913/*-http%3A//www.t-shirtking.com/images2/KlondikeTnOpt.jpg[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 07:52 PM

Default Re: Why hasn\'t Phil had the living sh*t beat out of him yet

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tell ya what, Im 6'9" and a college football/bball player, and I would have a hard time not wanting to really beat the [censored] out of that whiny baby.

you know what, I dont really care if you think that person is a donkey, and I dont really care if you think you're the best in the world. It's just bad etiquette, and retarded, not to mention immature to boot.

You nkow what? Gus Hansen and Phil Ivey would ply suited one gappers against your queens, and stack you when 779 hit the board.... are they donks? Give me a break. Go find a punching bag, and take out your passive aggressive personality problem on it. They have no place at the poker table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I dont give a damn how tall you are or how big your [censored] muscles are. There is a line when it comes to the game I love to play and I wont let some [censored] schmuck like you ruin it and if you want to step outside and handle it like men when I speak the truth about how educated you are then lets go [censored] tard.

[/ QUOTE ]

so wait, because I say Im an athlete, and I say that your rudeness has no place at the table, Im unintelligent? Where is this world you're living on, and how do I get to it?

See there's this thing that pros do, its called adjusting your play. If Philly boy would get over the fact he's one of "the best in the world" and realize that no one cares, he might just see that he would have to make adjustments. Does he? No, he just sits there and whines and cries.

Second off, I did not mention my height or size to brag, because I don't know any of you and I could not give a [censored] less what you think of me. Size and height were mentioned earlier int he thread.

If you wanna be a whiny, bitchy table coach just like Phil, then go ahead, but I'll tell you one thing: You're gonna find yourself down to the felt just as quick as the brat does.

Oh, and you still haven't answered my question: Do you consider Doyle Brunson, Gus Hansen, Phil Ivey to be donks? Becuase against a player with a tight image, such as you stipulated before, they would all play smaller cards to your raise.

Remember Sammy Farha? He played 3s against a raise that shouted aces... he must be a donk too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly man look at your user name and what you are posting. You think you can come on some internet message board tell someone how big you are and them be scared of you. Well this [censored] person you dont scare and if you were at my table and played like that I would tell you that you were a donkey. Sammy boys play was pretty dumb but its not as bad as calling 95o. If you read my earlier post I said that suited connectors and one gappers arent terrible depending on the blinds and your stack but I guess from the sounds of things you didnt pick up on that Mr. Football. I also am an athlete and played both football and basketball too and by no means does that make either of us idiots. You are the one taking offense to it...

[/ QUOTE ]

You're an idiot.

Football Guy is da man.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with Bodie. It seems like two questions are being addressed here, Hellmuth's behavior and his opponent's play. But no matter how badly the opponent played, Hellmuth acted like a whiny 10-year-old. Getting outdrawn, berating the table, then running to his wife and pouting while he forfeited blinds. It seems to me that Hellmuth, while disappointed he was eliminated, would be glad to have these players at the Main Event. You can't have it both ways: You either take on weaker players and know that while there is a pretty good chance you're going to suffer some bad beats, you've also increased your chances of winning a lot more money, or you confine yourself to playing in games where you know what the competition is like, ala the Big Game. Hellmuth's behavior reflected an immature jackass, and I lost any respect I had for him as a person after seeing that.

Compare that with Daniel Negraneau, who played great but was eliminated due to constantly getting outdrawn, or Jennifer Harmon, who while an opponent made a poorly timed speech after hitting a 45-1 shot, lose most of her stack but still kept most of her composure. Hellmuth's amazing talent is no excuse for acting like a horse's rear end.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the problem with people like you and Mr. Football here. You call with BS and think its funny. Some people actually take this game seriously and me personally I like Phil. I think he is great for the game and honestly I act the same way when someone pulls a [censored] 3 outer or worse from their ass. Its not like Phil is playing terrible but he is getting his money in while a fav most of the time. Hell both guys from the show had no business to play the hands the way they did but thats the donk fest that the main event has become. Best players in the world my ass. It makes me sick when I play these local home games and I see some [censored] tard call an all-in with A6s and flop trip sixes against some guys AK or pocket pair. Luck will always prevail over skill...

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus, not only are you an ass, you really have no clue aboutt poker, do you?
Old 10-26-2005, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I feel PH's anger. I can't remember how many online tournaments I've played where I've been kocked out by some donkey testicle who catches a 3 outer with 93 against my AK. Or in yesterday's MTT when I raise big pf with KK and push on flop and donkey manure calls and hits a 9 on turn to make a set and send me home. Oh wait, I was already home.

[/ QUOTE ]

Something similar happened to me last night. I raise with AQs (we are four handed) guy calls with 44 which isnt bad. I am short kinda so I am pushing any flop. Flop is AQ9 I push and he instantly calls and hits a 4 on the river to win the hand and send me home. I pulled a Phil on him after he called off half his stack after the flop with 4s.

[/ QUOTE ]

okay, again - Jesus!

do you not understand the simple fact that you WANT him to call off half his stack way behind like that? Are you really that stupid?
Old 10-26-2005, 08:06 PM

thank god someone else with sense clicked on this thread.

I dont profess to be a poker genius, far from it, but some of the things that were said here were ludicrous.

also, if a mod could change my name to mr football I would love it, especially because I play basketball only now, and that only for the scholarship.

its great stuff.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Exactly, and then went off on the guy for doing what he was hoping for him to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

He went off on him because the guy won the pot. His self worth is tied up with poker. His ego can't handle it when he proves his superiority (in his mind) by trapping a guy and then have the guy hit his outs.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:29 PM

Calling a big all-in with KJs is not smart. Raising all-in with KJs to try and fold a guy...that's poker. If you get caught, you get caught whether you're a pro or a dead-money player.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I act the same way when someone pulls a [censored] 3 outer or worse from their ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?
why why why why why?

It is still fascinating to me that 99% of the people that play this game still don't get it. Including Hellmuth and a bunch of people in this thread, even though wiser voices might hammer them over the head with the truth over and over and over again.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:29 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

I played with Randy Johnson at Greektown $10-$20. He played almost every hand and went to the river almost always, too. He was a little cold and didnt sign any autographs, either. But it was cool to have him at the table.

-J

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd love to see Phil call him a donkey!
Old 10-28-2005, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Calling a big all-in with KJs is not smart. Raising all-in with KJs to try and fold a guy...that's poker. If you get caught, you get caught whether you're a pro or a dead-money player.

[/ QUOTE ]

POOP