Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2005, 08:53 AM

Default Do I call the river bet because he is bad and the pot is big?

Villain is 55/10, 1.5 over 200 hands

Party Poker 10.00/20.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font>
link

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8.00 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn: (5.00 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.00 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero ?.

Final Pot: 9.00 BB.
Old 09-24-2005, 09:57 AM

Default Re: Do I call the river bet because he is bad and the pot is big?

With only one opponent left I suggest betting turn. If he raises you can fold river UI and it costs the same + you make more if you hit your flush. The way you played it I think you have to call river....
Old 09-24-2005, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With only one opponent left I suggest betting turn. If he raises you can fold river UI and it costs the same + you make more if you hit your flush. The way you played it I think you have to call river....

[/ QUOTE ]

Sound like a mighty good plan!
Old 09-25-2005, 12:33 PM

Hey Aflaba,

I'd call this river. If he hit a 5 he'd have raised the flop, ditto a small PP. So, he's either got a K or some junk hand that he peeled the flop with. Occassionally he will have turned or rivered a pair but a player this aggressive will bet-when-checked-to often. You'll be good 1 in 8 IMO.

Also, I bet the turn. Paired boards are scary, but very loose players often look at the 2 K's as blanks, and will peel with most anything trying to hita pair. You can tell by looking at his FoldedtoFlopBet + Folded to Turn Bet stat, plus his wentto SD to get a general indicator of how much he peels. There are 50VPIPers who only go to 30% of showdowns and fold lots of flops. If you know he is this type of player then I'd c/f the river.

Surf
Old 09-25-2005, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen to this man.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Aflaba,

I'd call this river. If he hit a 5 he'd have raised the flop, ditto a small PP. So, he's either got a K or some junk hand that he peeled the flop with. Occassionally he will have turned or rivered a pair but a player this aggressive will bet-when-checked-to often. You'll be good 1 in 8 IMO.

Also, I bet the turn. Paired boards are scary, but very loose players often look at the 2 K's as blanks, and will peel with most anything trying to hita pair. You can tell by looking at his FoldedtoFlopBet + Folded to Turn Bet stat, plus his wentto SD to get a general indicator of how much he peels. There are 50VPIPers who only go to 30% of showdowns and fold lots of flops. If you know he is this type of player then I'd c/f the river.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the advice Surf! I think you're right about everything you're saying. Also I need to pay more attention to fold%-stats. I keep forgetting about them.