Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2005, 04:03 AM

Default AK in the BB on a paired flop

This was the first hand I played after sitting down at this table so I did not have any reads or info on anyone.

How well/bad did I play this on the turn and river? Thanks for any comments. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (10 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB
Old 07-31-2005, 04:10 AM

Default Re: AK in the BB on a paired flop

Looks good to me.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:12 AM

I just call the turn c/r and call the river. It sucks to get shown 6-rag in these situations, but I don't really see him c/ring with a worse hand, and it seems like you're way ahead or way behind. So I try and get to showdown cheaply.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just call the turn c/r and call the river. It sucks to get shown 6-rag in these situations, but I don't really see him c/ring with a worse hand, and it seems like you're way ahead or way behind. So I try and get to showdown cheaply.

[/ QUOTE ]

He raised preflop. He's much more likely to have an A here. The only reason we're not raising the river is because AT and AJ have us beat.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:32 AM

ur totally right... swapped the preflop action in my head, heh. the donkbet on the river probably means ur beat so i agree with a call and not a raise. love everything else.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:32 AM

Looks about right
Old 07-31-2005, 04:34 AM

Wow, so many comments so quickly. Thanks guys!

I also had the same thought pattern. I was pretty sure he did not have a 6, so I had 3bet the turn. Once he bet into me on the river, I was thinking crap... he better not have AJ. So I just called. He showed me AJ.

Oh well, at least I felt happy I sorta figured out his hand. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]