Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2005, 06:45 PM

Default Re: Live B&M 20/40 QJo

[ QUOTE ]
What do you guys think? 5-bet the turn, lead the river? Thought the CO maybe had AJ. Pretty sure he had AA after the showdown. Did I miss 2-bets? Maybe I'm too weak postflop

[/ QUOTE ]

This is another one of those questions that we can't possibily answer. Only you can know the context of your game, and the value of your hand in this particular pot, vs these particular opponents.

In my regular B&M game the 2nd bet on the turn means at least a Q from 90% of the people I play against...and probably a good one. I might 3 bet w/ QJ, but I doubt it. The 4th bet means AQ at the very least, even with the loose LP blind raising standards, and I could comfortably fold to it.

You don't really stand to gain much from posts like this, as we can't understand the dynamic of your game.

Mike L post a hand a while ago in which he had AA, and was disgusted with himself for not 5betting the turn, and I remeber thinking that around here, 1 pair has zero chance of being good past the 3rd bet...oh the promised land of southern California.

I guess my point is only you can know what the right decision is, and if you posted this looking for affirmation you are destined to be disappointed, this is one of those spots where it isn't about right/wrong, its all about people...the heart of poker.

lf