Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2005, 02:51 AM

Default 3/6, value bettage or no?

Just played a short session and I was wondering if these hands had obvious value in them that I didnt get. Thanks for any comments

UTG = 35/23/2.0 over 30hands... didnt really notice any tendencies on his post flop play...

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (6.16 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6.16 BB

SB = 32/21/1.8 over 38 hands. And yes, his alias was really stealleader...

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB :#A500AF(stealleader)/ raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">stealleader bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, stealleader calls.

Turn: (4 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
stealleader checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, stealleader calls.

River: (6 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
stealleader checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6 BB
Old 08-27-2005, 02:54 AM

Default Re: 3/6, value bettage or no?

well, the first hand is close.
you are a big fav to win the pot, but im not sure if youre a favorite when youre called.

second hand is an easy value bet.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:15 AM

SB = 32/21/1.8 over 38 hands. And yes, his alias was really stealleader...

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB :#A500AF(stealleader)/ raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">stealleader bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, stealleader calls.

Turn: (4 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
stealleader checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, stealleader calls.

River: (6 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
stealleader checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm absolutely certain you should have value bet. 38/21 over 38 hands Maybe VPiP takes longer to converge then I thought. BTW I think SB played that hand petty crappy.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:19 AM

I think that based on my studies you played them both the way that I would.

The only decision that I would consider would be folding to the initial flop bet on the second hand.

Margon &lt;--- just learning, so comments could be very wrong.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only decision that I would consider would be folding to the initial flop bet on the second hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

SB approves of that line of thinking.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:31 AM

Hand 1:
He gives more action with anything that beats you. If this is the rare occasion he's not giving any more action than this with top pair than he's getting a river bet out of me regardless.

Hand 2:
I feel this one is a lot closer, and I actually feel that checking here is going to be correct. This is the kind of board where a player with stats like his will probably not pay off with ace high.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
In a SB vs BB situation, especially against an aggressive player autobetting this flop (because he raised preflop) we have flopped quite a strong hand and folding would be really bad. We're definitely continuing with the hand, the only question is whether to call or raise.
Old 08-27-2005, 05:31 AM

I value bet both of them.

SGS