Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2005, 09:59 PM

Default Hand #3: Fine, just take it.

No read on the villain except he hadn't gotten out of line as of yet.

I probably should have called this down, but . . . just figured I was boned. Bad fold? SO many ol hands are this Q or J nonsense. Yeah, maybe this was KT or A7 or a couple random diamonds, and I saved myself a bet bcs I'd have to leave on the turn.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: "Hero" is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">"Hero" raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, "Hero" folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (6.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB
Old 05-30-2005, 10:08 PM

Default Re: Hand #3: Fine, just take it.

I think this is kind of close, but probably a good fold. If he has TK, he has 11 outs against you anyway (although you do have 2 of the Ts so theres only 8 combos of this). There's also the other guy to contend with. If he has a diamond draw he probably has around 11 outs against you as well (w/ one overcard). If you're gonna continue, you gotta raise.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:06 PM

Warning I fold too much. I would fold this one also. Almost any card that hits is a scare card and even if you hit your set it is still a bit scary. Thats not to mention that you are likely behind already. And the pots not that big.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:38 AM

I agree you fold.
You said he hasn't gotten out of line yet and he is representing that he has hit something on the flop.
Having T's with two overcards appearing on the flop is a bad situation with no read on the guy who is continuing to fire at the pot.

Until you get a better read on this guy I think a fold is correct. You wait foir a better situation to get your money in against him.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:35 AM

i think fold is fine and the usual plan

raising with the hope of folding the next guy and probably getting to a showdown cheap is a plan too

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 05-31-2005, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think fold is fine and the usual plan

raising with the hope of folding the next guy and probably getting to a showdown cheap is a plan too

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

[/ QUOTE ]

The 2nd one is the line I usually take, but I've been trying to resist the urge to showdown everything lately.